Howzit from Hawaii

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
808celicagt

Howzit from Hawaii

Post by 808celicagt »

Howzit,
Finally got me a 1st gen celica. 1975 Celica GT!! Yahoo!! Always wanted one. Needs a lot of work though. Lots of rust cause this is a Hawaii car. Engine strong but rough. Lot of work ahead. Shouldn't have bought it: but it was yellow (my hachi is yellow), it's a 1st gen celica, and my wife said I could :cheers:. These little coupes drive really nice!! And the clutch and gas pedals are perfect for heel toeing. I plan to use it as a daily driver and for SCCA Solo racing. I use my hachi now. Any one know if they could be swapped?
I'l be posting soon in the forums. Have a lot of questions and need a lot of advice. Did these GT's come with LSD? I compared the ID tag rear axle code to the Toyota ID chart and it reads 3.90 gears no LSD. This car has an LSD and is factory as far as the owner knows (not original owner).
Found out since I got this car(2 week) there are 7 celicas on Maui(including mine). One is a parts car, one was redone on the mainland ( a Honda S2000 engine and trans now), three are parked and being worked on, and one may soon be a parts car. Small island.
Anyone know of any sites that have good history and spec on celicas?

Celicas are cool
butnut

Re: Howzit from Hawaii

Post by butnut »

Is this the yellow one that was on craigs? I'm looking for one, but a nice turn-key...have fun. Alohaz
808celicagt

Post by 808celicagt »

Yup, that's the one. Looked really good in the pictures. His wife reversed into the hood 3 times so the front edge of the hood is gone so I'm going to look at a hood this weekend. Hopefully its the 75 type with the hood bulge.
faffi

Post by faffi »

welcome here,
good luck with your celica
love to see the photo's of it
exodus

Post by exodus »

congrats on the new toy!!!

pictures please!!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
808celicagt

Post by 808celicagt »

I will post pictures tonite. Have to set up photo bucket. What's a "dragon" model? I thought all celicas had the dragon emblem. Guy I bought it from said only the GTs had it. Said the dragon models had lsd and other goodies. True?
Luvn737s

Post by Luvn737s »

Did you get hooked up with the other Hawiiaan on this board?
808celicagt

Post by 808celicagt »

Howzit,
Here's some pictures of my car.

This is what happens when a toyota truck reverses into a celica a couple of times. Think it can be fixed?

Haven't hooked up with any one else from Hawaii yet. Anyone in Hawaii got a hood for sale?
Went to look at one today. Rotten but at least its got a front edge to work with.
One parts car and one car running. See my next post.
808celicagt

Post by 808celicagt »

Went to check out a hood.

63hardtop

Post by 63hardtop »

Man, that moist, salty ocean air makes prime conditions for rust. Your car is sure clean though. Hope there isn't too much rust.