Nor-Cal Ra29 Newb

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
steedsta

Nor-Cal Ra29 Newb

Post by steedsta »

Hey guys, i been on classic-celica for years now and recently found this site, seems to have alot more info on here. I been on here for a couple weeks just doin some HW and man, its hard to find out wtf to do to my car, suspension wise and such. I picked up my ra29 from a couple here in town like 7 years ago, sat for a while and now im starting to work on it since i finally found the contact info of the owners and got the pink slip.
So the deal is, i saw it in there yard, left a note if they wanted to sell it, offered them 100 dollars and its mine.
77 ra29. the owner of the car actually past away so his parents kept the car and had it covered since 1991. The kid who owned it dumped money into it in its time he moded the hell out of it.
the car has tokiko suspension, idk what kind of springs he used tho.
enkie 92's 15x7 with a 0 offset
fender flairs, all molded in, anyone kno what kind they are?
shaved door handles
little moon roof thingy
whale tale, anyone know what kind?
front lip, anyone know what kind?
he molded in all the lights on the sides and front lip
he also had a freshly put in 21RU motor, which i hear is a POS but it was fresh before it sat. it has a header and exhaust on it as well :D
so i changed the fluids, hand cranked it, flushed the gas tank, new radiator and the thing started right up. thing runs smooth, no leaks!
car has rust, and i ripped out the interor, window cranks are worn out. it needs so much money, so i decided to just make it my little race car fun thing to drive.. So i just ratle canned it flat black for now, the old paint was super clean from the pics i seen
Time to go find out WTF i can do for suspension and brakes.. ttyl

Steve

Foxau2

Re: Nor-Cal Ra29 Newb

Post by Foxau2 »

Dang you really made out on that! And I thought I got a good deal when I paid $200 for mine! I love the way it looks in flat black. Pretty good for only rattle canning it! I especially like the recessed marker lights on the side. I had considered doing that, but I wasn't sure how it would look. But now that I see your pics I think that's the way to go! Now all you need a set of Smiley bumpers and you're all set! Do you have any more pictures? :2thumbs:

Nate
View my current build here:

Foxau2.tumblr.com

Until the forum is open for all to view without logging in, my updates will go there.
steedsta

Post by steedsta »

thanks for the warm welcome!
Yea Id love to have some smilie bumpers! I see toysport has some fiberglass ones but them seem to not reply to anyone.
Ill get more pics up once i get the thing in a little better condition ;)
faffi

Post by faffi »

welcome
you are a lucky one 100 dollars for a cool celica :2thumbs:
like Foxau said :) bumpers and your car looks perfect
:cheers:
steedsta

Post by steedsta »

any ideas where i can get some fiberglass ones? since i cant get ahold of toysport? Id get stockers but im not lookin to spend over 700 dollars for bumpers
faffi

Post by faffi »

63hardtop

Post by 63hardtop »

Good find. Looks like a pretty solid car.
vercjum2

Post by vercjum2 »

steedsta wrote:any ideas where i can get some fiberglass ones? since i cant get ahold of toysport? Id get stockers but im not lookin to spend over 700 dollars for bumpers
Foxau2 is selling them again .. PM him !!
Live LIFE the fulliest now... you don't know if you'll have tomorrow !!!
steedsta

Post by steedsta »

just ordered the set today :D