Another So Cal newbie saying "Hi"

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
vdo_game_junkie

Re: Another So Cal newbie saying "Hi"

Post by vdo_game_junkie »

I always wondered where that car went. You know I almost bought that 2 or three owners before you! haahaa! Very nice car, keep it up!
rodog

Post by rodog »

Thanks, I figured someone would recognize it. I'd be interested in more of the car's history if you know it. I want to make it a "restomod" and not mess it up.
bong101

Post by bong101 »

Very nice! I wish I could afford that car back then. Really like the set up. If ever you decide to ditch those wheels I'd be very much interested. :D
zipppo

Post by zipppo »

That is one of my old Celica's. The other was a red 74 GT. The 74 went to Idaho sold it on ebay. This I sold on Ebay also. I remember seeing the car leave on the flatbed on its way to its new home in San Diego.

I got this car from Jogi Luz. The car was around the Los Angeles are for a long time. Always had a very nice body. It was painted already. I added the Wheels ( purchased from Mr. Luz) and tires ( from a Hermosa Beach tire store.They were actually sitting on the shelf!). I added an Auto Power roll bar, Rear Spoiler, Upholstery(seats).

I regret selling this car very nice solid Celica. I am very happy to see it is still with rodog. It is nice to see it is cared for and in a secure garage.ImageImage

Very nice family! He ,his wife, and brother came up and bought the car paid cash and I inclued a van load of spare parts includeing a mint N.O.S. black dash pad still in the Toyota box. Wish I had the dash pad now.

well I am starting over with the 72 I just bought and have a lot of cosmetic work to do. I have owned 12 71-72 Celica'sin my lifetime and am up for the challenge!

It makes me happy to see the car well cared for. Looks good. i will post some pictures of when I had it once I figure out how to! I am older 47 and well not so computer savy!!!!
Last edited by zipppo on December 10th, 2008, 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
22RTEdragon

Post by 22RTEdragon »

whats up man, im in SD too (chula vista-spring valley) cool car...i like the color a lot.

Can we get a head count for how many SD heads we have on 1stgen? just curious.....maybe a meet?
fsamonte004

Post by fsamonte004 »

another one in SD, man! where are you guys all hiding? like 22RTEdragon says we should do a get together sometimes, or maybe a meet. im from SD national city area. mine is 73 celica.
22RTEdragon

Post by 22RTEdragon »

fsamonte004 wrote:another one in SD, man! where are you guys all hiding? like 22RTEdragon says we should do a get together sometimes, or maybe a meet. im from SD national city area. mine is 73 celica.

You can find my primer'd grey 77 ra24 around Spring Valley/Bonita/Chula Vista....im on the verge of getting a so-so paint job just to keep me happy for the next year or so. the car was given to me primered so its about time i gave it some character...

on another thread i inquired about the 74 gtv's greenish color because i am torn between that color and the midnight blue color...you know what, i think im gonna start a poll

fsamonte....dude we should all meet sometime in Nov...at least for a small meeting to figure out how we can get the rest of the SD locals.
rodog

Post by rodog »

22RTE, sounds like a plan. I haven't been out since the July Qualcomm show with Eugene and the fellas. Thanks Zippo (Tony) for the opportunity, been looking for a car for awhile and as busy as I am, I had to take that car off your hands. I have a big brake kit and some other plans for the car, I'll make a project thread when I get some definite plan together.
22RTEdragon

Post by 22RTEdragon »

rodog wrote:22RTE, sounds like a plan. I haven't been out since the July Qualcomm show with Eugene and the fellas. Thanks Zippo (Tony) for the opportunity, been looking for a car for awhile and as busy as I am, I had to take that car off your hands. I have a big brake kit and some other plans for the car, I'll make a project thread when I get some definite plan together.
yeah, nice...lets plan something for the upcoming year