Greetings from San Jose, CA

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
batosai

Greetings from San Jose, CA

Post by batosai »

Peace and good day folks! For those of you of Pilipino heritage & speak/read Tagalog, I say "kamusta mga pards", which roughly means "wassup Boss" LOL I was informed about this site by my good friiend & fellow car enthusiast Mr. Edwin "Ed" Rodriguez. I will hopefully be purchasing my first 1st gen Celica soon & would be utilizing this site & it's members to assist me in learning and enjoying my future purchase. Though I may be a newb to the site, I've been involved w/cars & the import scene for quite some time, so I'm no greenhorn...lol Hope to hear from others here @ the site & maybe even meeting some of you on one of the meets/shows/benefits/etc that I attend with my team (TeamREV aka Revolution Motorsports) shameless plug...heheheh.
Anyway, my apologies for the long intro! My thanks for your patience & also your time.

-Lito
Team Xclusiv
vercjum2

Re: Greetings from San Jose, CA

Post by vercjum2 »

Kumusta pare!!! Welcome inboard! Checkout classified sections - 71-75 Celica come by very often forsale... I have one now heheheheheh n you are also local!
Live LIFE the fulliest now... you don't know if you'll have tomorrow !!!
batosai

Post by batosai »

vercjum2 wrote:Kumusta pare!!! Welcome inboard! Checkout classified sections - 71-75 Celica come by very often forsale... I have one now heheheheheh n you are also local!
Pare! I sqw that & also saw you sold it recently. Cool car man!! Hope to speak to you more often and maybe see you once I do get the '72 ST I'm looking at... :2thumbs:
Team Xclusiv
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

you're not by any chance buying Edwin's Celica are you?
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
exodus

Post by exodus »

Welcome to the forums.. lots of nice welcoming people on here..

Much to do and much to learn as well. We are all still learning as well!!

Enjoy the stay and can't wait to see your celica!!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
batosai

Post by batosai »

WIQDTOY wrote:you're not by any chance buying Edwin's Celica are you?
yessir Ray...Edwin's Celica is now on permanent residence in my garage.
Team Xclusiv
batosai

Post by batosai »

exodus wrote:Welcome to the forums.. lots of nice welcoming people on here..
Much to do and much to learn as well. We are all still learning as well!!
Enjoy the stay and can't wait to see your celica!!!
Cant wait to see your car as well Sir!
Team Xclusiv
superrandomguy

Post by superrandomguy »

Excellent, another local on the site...welcome! I'm in Fremont/Sunnyvale...hopefully we can get acquainted one of these days once my car is up and running :2thumbs:

Today is a good day for pie
batosai

Post by batosai »

superrandomguy wrote:Excellent, another local on the site...welcome! I'm in Fremont/Sunnyvale...hopefully we can get acquainted one of these days once my car is up and running :2thumbs:
Thank you! I frequent the Fremont area as well as Union City, and Newark. Especially since our team's sponsor (FFTec) is based off near Union City. Maybe you can attend the cars and food truck meet in Logan HS every Tuesday nite. I plan to be there at least once a week minimum because it's put together by a good friend of mine, Ernesto. Anyways, looking forward to meeting you as well, and hope to hear from you soon. Btw, what year is your Celica?
Team Xclusiv
superrandomguy

Post by superrandomguy »

FFtec...Full function? The (primarily) DSM shop? Haha I've been there quite a few times back when my buddy and i owned GSXs :-), Sean over there is quite the guru . I was trying to figure out why teamREV sounded familiar!

Yea i'd definitely like to hang out at a Logan HS area meet some time.

I have a '74 GT, in the process of upgrading various things and installing a 2rz Tacoma motor. I'll see ya around eventually i'm sure.

Today is a good day for pie
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Boss nice meeting u today.. car look nice enjoy ur new seat.. :2thumbs:
batosai

Post by batosai »

jhun_hapi wrote:Boss nice meeting u today.. car look nice enjoy ur new seat.. :2thumbs:
Salamat (many thanks) Sir, it was great meeting you folks as well! :wave: The seat wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be....lol I guess my posterior has enough cushion so it doesn't hurt my back. :roll:

Also, big THANKS :cheers: to Santos for installing the seat, power tools make jobs waaay easier...coz I know if I was doing the manual way I might as well. :banghead2:
And also, great meeting Mr JD today over at Yuba City :wave: :wave: and big THANKS to you as well. :cheers:
Team Xclusiv
batosai

Post by batosai »

superrandomguy wrote:FFtec...Full function? The (primarily) DSM shop? Haha I've been there quite a few times back when my buddy and i owned GSXs :-), Sean over there is quite the guru . I was trying to figure out why teamREV sounded familiar!
Yea i'd definitely like to hang out at a Logan HS area meet some time.
I have a '74 GT, in the process of upgrading various things and installing a 2rz Tacoma motor. I'll see ya around eventually i'm sure.
One and the same, yup! I used to own an evo8 until circumstances forced me to return it to the bank. :wtf: But like I said, I don't miss the evo all that much, plus I don't miss having to pay extra just for it to "pass" smog, and w/ the Celica...what effin' smog?! Forgetaboutit!! :woot: The lads in blue actually leave me alone even as I pass by. :shades: :2thumbs:
Team Xclusiv