New here from Virginia Beach, VA

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Hartnsol

New here from Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Hartnsol »

Hey everyone! My name is Mike and I just picked up this 72 celica st. Dont know too much about them right now but hopefully I can pick up some great info here and learn some more. Here is what she looks like currently.
1972 Celica ST
slowmo

Re: New here from Virginia Beach, VA

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard. I like the pearl white with the black. What are your plans for the car? Did you find it locally or did you ship it?
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Hartnsol

Post by Hartnsol »

Thanks! The paint it's actually a thinned down rustoleum flat white I think he said lol. I picked it up local from a friend I autox with. As for plans, I def want to make it faster. I have been trying to research swaps for it and things. I would like to autox it eventually but there it's a lot of play in the steering. Everything but the box has been replaced I believe. I dont know what lurks under the paint but hopefully I won't need to go too crazy on metal work or anything. Trunk and floor are solid but all the seals are gone. It's got the 18r-c I think the motor said and has been converted to fuel injection with megasquirt as the tuning platform. It's no show car but I think it's a great place to start.
1972 Celica ST
faffi

Post by faffi »

welcome ,
a good one to start with,
looks clean ,could it be that your front bumper is a little out of his form :?:
Hartnsol

Post by Hartnsol »

Yeah I think it has a few dings in it lol. Hopefully replace them with fiberglass pieces.
1972 Celica ST
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Is this the MegaSquirted 18RC? I never did get to see it, only saw his Z. I live in the area. Used to be in VA Beach, now I'm in Hampton.
Hartnsol

Post by Hartnsol »

Blaze86Vic wrote:Is this the MegaSquirted 18RC? I never did get to see it, only saw his Z. I live in the area. Used to be in VA Beach, now I'm in Hampton.
Yes that is the one.
1972 Celica ST
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

I know someone with a 20R and W50 trans if you are interested. They just did a 22RET so the old motor is just sitting there. It's carbed out of an 80 Celica. Let me know if you want it, he's looking to get it out of his garage pretty quick.
Hartnsol

Post by Hartnsol »

Blaze86Vic wrote:I know someone with a 20R and W50 trans if you are interested. They just did a 22RET so the old motor is just sitting there. It's carbed out of an 80 Celica. Let me know if you want it, he's looking to get it out of his garage pretty quick.
Yeah i might be. I hit up a guy on craigslist earlier with an 85 gt-s that has a 22re with a 5 speed. My number is 757-572-7691 or you can pm me. My name is Mike
1972 Celica ST