new to forum

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
77snowdragon

new to forum

Post by 77snowdragon »

hey im new to this pretty complicated forum. im a proud owner of a 77 liftback a 76 liftback a couple of datsuns and a 69 corolla wagon, not much to say just love me some classic japanese cars and want to learn as much as i can about modding them as well as keepin them classic. hope i dont get booted right off the bat
faffi

Re: new to forum

Post by faffi »

welcome,
it's not so hard to find your way around here
just clic and look
do you have pics off your cars
:cheers:
batosai

Post by batosai »

77snowdragon wrote:hey im new to this pretty complicated forum. im a proud owner of a 77 liftback a 76 liftback a couple of datsuns and a 69 corolla wagon, not much to say just love me some classic japanese cars and want to learn as much as i can about modding them as well as keepin them classic. hope i dont get booted right off the bat
some interesting cars there...care to share some pics? :wave:
Team Xclusiv
77snowdragon

Post by 77snowdragon »

sorry no pics im lazy about putting pics on one site and transfering to another, im kinda slow when it comes to computers im more into cars so i just search for info. if you know an easyer way i can do it i will i would send them by text off my phone thats easyest for me i have a "dumb phone" and no enet on it so maybe i could pic message someone or just quit being lazy and find a host site
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Pics will help you when looking for a hard to describe part or to show problems without a thousand words. hosting sites are easy to use once you get past the fear factor.

Remember the first time you asked a girl out on a date? :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
77snowdragon

Post by 77snowdragon »

thanks girls were a lot easyer,i like to keep it simple i just want a lower stance maybe some 15x8 fronts and 15x9 rears or all 15x8 wheels exhaust and carbs nothin complicated just simple and drivable. i will keep more complex for my 69 corolla later on. this site has a load of info i like it but posting pics i might have to get the wife involved shes way smarter than i. hopefully this weekend i can get some up,but thanks for comments
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

welcome :wave:

nice collection of classic cars
77snowdragon

Post by 77snowdragon »

man ive been on a mad search for wheel info. im thinking of 15x8 front and rear or staggered 15x8 front and 15x9 rears. im kinda poor so im thinking xxr wheels but i dont know what my center bore size is , if someone could point me in the right direction, if its on this site or else where it would be sooo great please and thank you.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

77snowdragon wrote:man ive been on a mad search for wheel info. im thinking of 15x8 front and rear or staggered 15x8 front and 15x9 rears. im kinda poor so im thinking xxr wheels but i dont know what my center bore size is , if someone could point me in the right direction, if its on this site or else where it would be sooo great please and thank you.

It's small IIRC it's 60mm

Neil
77snowdragon

Post by 77snowdragon »

i came up with 57.15 with a quick measurement, so 60 is probably more correct, thank you so much also are celicas hub centric?
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

http://www.miata.net/garage/hubcentric.html

Check this link for explanation............wheels can be hub or lug centric. If the wheels lug holes are circular they are likely lug centric if the lug holes are slots then they may be hub centric meaning rings may need to be used to match the wheel center bore to the hub if they are not the same diameter.

Actually even if the wheels are lug centric(most are) rings may still be used for a perfct fit hub centric rings come in many sizes

So if your hub diameter is 60mm and the wheel center bore is 72mm....you would use a 60-72mm ring to fit the wheel perfect.

Didn't even touch the lug type yet...thats another story

Hope this makes sense

Neil
77snowdragon

Post by 77snowdragon »

it sure does great site thanks again,so another question kinda comparing apples to oranges,but i had a datsun 510 with an L18 in it and it seemed a lot more powerful than the 20R ,it was a used motor out of a beat up truck, and the 20R has great compression low miles im just wondering if a down draft carb will really make that much of a difference. it just seems done around 4k rpms. i realize i can spend thousands just to get a little power but im not sure if its worth it for a car i only drive for fun. just seems to not have power and thought maybe a carb would help or just leave stock. thanks for any feedback.