Introducing me and my car

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ferociouscorpion

Introducing me and my car

Post by ferociouscorpion »

Hi everyone, got my celica 1 week ago but I've just been lurking around so I've decided to introduce myself. I was pretty surprised there couple of Hmong people around here also so thats pretty cool.

First here is the car:

She needs a lot of work but this will be my first time doing a project. I will have to learn how to repair rust, weld, and a lot of body work stuff but I'm pretty excited to get it rolling.

One thing I need is the bumper brackets. I have the chrome front and rear bumper but I figured out I'm missing the brackets so I can put them on. If anyone has the front and rear brackets shoot me a pm.

Lastly this is my daily car, I'm a Subaru guy in a family that only drives Toyota:

77snowdragon

Re: Introducing me and my car

Post by 77snowdragon »

man welcome that celica is awesome to me good score,good luck with project. also there is nothing wrong with subies
daruma

Post by daruma »

Looks like the car is a 73-74. Do you have 73-74 bumpers or the 71-72? 73-74 have bumperettes and round cutouts on the bottom not to mention bolts to hold the bumper to reinforcements underneath. The 71-72s are the one piece smilies.
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

Someone give this man a bumper!
IG @deathofkyle
ferociouscorpion

Forgot the say that it is a 1974 Celica LT

These are the bumpers I have, idk what year they are from and what parts I need to get them on the car. Any help is appreciated thanks.

exodus

Post by exodus »

wekcome to the community!!

Home town San Diego!! :2thumbs:

i know a couple Hmong people from down there that are into old school too!!

so what's under the hood??
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

Those are the right year bumpers. The holes in them and the shinier chrome lines are the remnants of the 70's 5 mph safety nubs. If your looking for ones without those, you're going to need 71-72 bumpers, but those are running such a price these days it might be cheaper to weld up your current ones or go for fiberglass ones from toysport. Of course if you're not as OCD as me, you can just leave them and they'll look pretty good regardless.

As for mounting them, your rear one should have two handle shaped brackets with two holes in them that are part of a brace that's sort of inside the actual chrome bumper. If that's there then it's pretty well all you need for the rear. The front, by the looks of it looks like your missing either these 40cm ish long brackets that attatched to a similar inner brace and hold the bumper to the car by bolting to the frame rail. I should point out that both these inner braces are held on by bolts that bolt to those 4 chrome rivet like things on the outside, but I can't tell if they're there in your picture, sorry.

Anyways, looks like you've got yourself a sweet starting point there, + I've never seen someone with an 1974 LT before, so that makes it pretty cool :2thumbs:
IG @deathofkyle
ferociouscorpion

Thanks exodus, lived in SD most of my life don't think I'll ever move. Just the stock 18RC, right now I just want to fix the body up and fix the wiring so all the lights and everything work. Once all that is done I'm planing on a 2RZ turbo build.

Thanks Kylehugo for all the help. The car doesn't look right without the bumpers. Yeah my car just had tabs sticking out with holes in them. There is also no rivets on the bumper. I looked up on the toysport fiberglass and its very tempting especially b/c I can get the brackets with it. Hmm might just try and sell these, I'm not much into chrome and was probably going to paint them anyways. biggrin
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

No problem! you should be able to make a pretty penny selling those to put towards f/g ones!
IG @deathofkyle
exodus

Post by exodus »

ferociouscorpion wrote:Thanks exodus, lived in SD most of my life don't think I'll ever move. Just the stock 18RC, right now I just want to fix the body up and fix the wiring so all the lights and everything work. Once all that is done I'm planing on a 2RZ turbo build.
nice... spent first 17 years of life down there. one of these days i will move back.. haha.

but yea. Good luck with the car. 2rz turbo is bad a$$ :2thumbs:
Kou81

Post by Kou81 »

welcome... im new here also... so how many hmong guy are in here??
exodus

Post by exodus »

Kou81 wrote:welcome... im new here also... so how many hmong guy are in here??
a couple of us here.... :2thumbs:
Kou81

Post by Kou81 »

That's good to know! I think u should know Andre Moua right? He told
ME good things bout you guys!
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

My parts car is a 74 LT… and Cary parted one out a year ago, so they are out there.

Welcome to the board! :)

I'm partial to chrome bumpers myself. You can probably find used brackets or someone willing to make you a set. Try contacting Santos, a member here.
batosai

Post by batosai »

Nice cars! Welcome!
Team Xclusiv