Noob in the UK

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
sean

Noob in the UK

Post by sean »

Hi everyone,

I'm guessing this site is mostly US, but I do see some global members. Personally I don't care where advice comes from as long as it's good, and you lot seem to know your stuff. And there's no denying I need plenty of advice!
I'm not new to modifying cars, I've had a few track cars so far, but this is my first "classic" and I don't know the first thing about these cars!

My car is a 1977 RA28ST liftback. It's had the 18RG conversion along with the gearbox, but the rear axle is still the ST unit.
It's been heavily modified by a previous owner, I've tried to track him down to ask him questions about the rebuild, but without success.

It has one off grp bodywork involving the wheel arches, doors, bootlid (trunk?) and an oversized rear wing. It has a full roll cage, fixed twin pot front calipers, height adjustable front coilovers, built in fire suppression, baffled alu race fuel tank, the biggest fuel pump I've ever seen, a pair of Wolfrace slot mags on the rear, and a pair of JDM Watanabes on the front, shortened gear stick (stick shift?), 4 point harnesses, Battery cut off switch and last of all, a very girly paint job!!!

I've been on a couple of trackdays so far, and have decided that there is far too much bodyroll, too much understeer and when attempting to power out of a corner she just spins (lights up?) the inside rear wheel. I have aquired the diff internals from a GT axle, and am going to try to fit this inside my existing ST diff housing. But that still leaves a shedfull of bodyroll to deal with! Any ideas???

Enough words, here are some pictures. No need to hit me with the Homosexual jokes, I have a girlfriend and a paint job is high on the "to do list" :lol:
I hope you like her;

Andy_Vang
Site Admin

Re: Noob in the UK

Post by Andy_Vang »

Welcome! You might want to get stiffer springs and a set of adjustable shocks. And if that's not enough go for a rollcage.
Andy Vang
1stGenCelica.com
c76

Post by c76 »

From One to the Other Welcome, That one nice ride hehe Pinky pie=) Just messing with you :D
At least youre Car runs, mines stuck for now :roll:
There is only "ONE" purpose here - TO AWAKEN. To Be AWARE! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. FEAR is FORCE. KNOWLEDGE is POWER. BUT... WISDOM IS INFINITE
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

nice ride man. im diggin the color pink, looks so cool.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.