glad to b here! from Dublin/Pleasanton

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
noypiC50

glad to b here! from Dublin/Pleasanton

Post by noypiC50 »

Signed up a few weeks ago on this forum and have been reading/browsing almost everyday. Hoping to purchase a 1stgen in the near future. I have been checking the classifieds but they are hard to come by in good condition. If anybody has a lead on one pls share :)
Just a quick background on myself. Grew up in Philippines till i was 14 when my parents migrated here. Been back home a few times and i still miss Philippines. My first ever car given to me by my dad was a 85 accord hatchback for college. Also had a 95 Integra, 86 corolla GTS, 91 240sx, 94 sentra se-r, in the past. I currently own a 89 Mirage Turbo (1 of only 1500 imported in north america), 2003 Toyo highlander and 2003 lancer Evo. Hoping to meet old school enthusiasts in the area. Cheers!

Sam
Im jhun_hapi

Re: glad to b here! from Dublin/Pleasanton

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

pare welcome.. lots of pinoys here.. if ur looking for a celica.. look for 75 below.. dont have to deal with smog.. whats ur budget? $6k+ will get you a good looking one.. $3k and below is projects.. but if u have $10K+ will get awesome celica.. jst keep checkin in ull see what ur looking for.. we have monthly meets in Seafood City in Concord but it havent started yet probably in spring.. May 12 will be in Santos shop.. Welcome again bossing..

Rocky
exodus

Post by exodus »

jhun_hapi wrote: whats ur budget? $6k+ will get you a good looking one.. $3k and below is projects.. but if u have $10K+ will get awesome celica..
Rocky
good way to put it rocky!!

welcome to the boards!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
noypiC50

Post by noypiC50 »

Thanks for the welcome guys! yes, im mainly looking for 75 and below due to smog issues :) My budget is between a nice specimen and a restoration project but that could change when i get my taxes done :) Just saw a red 72 ST sold from san jose a few days ago but it got sold in one day! :cry:
Excited to go to that seafood city/concord meet, sign me up! Will that start April hopefully?! Thats not too far from where i live now and i usually frequent that area when i take the family out. Salamat!
sam
batosai

Post by batosai »

Hi Sam! So you finally made it here to this site pare! Good seeing some familiar posts from you, as well as looking forward to experiencing your soon-to-be purchase of another car to add to your stable. :woot: ..heheheheh. As long as "si babe aka da kumander" doesn't complain too much. :arg: :doh: ...mwahahahahaha... :lol2:
Team Xclusiv
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

jhun_hapi wrote:pare welcome.. lots of pinoys here.. if ur looking for a celica.. look for 75 below.. dont have to deal with smog.. whats ur budget? $6k+ will get you a good looking one.. $3k and below is projects.. but if u have $10K+ will get awesome celica.. jst keep checkin in ull see what ur looking for.. we have monthly meets in Seafood City in Concord but it havent started yet probably in spring.. May 12 will be in Santos shop.. Welcome again bossing..

Rocky
well put Rocky! sounds about right!
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
noypiC50

Post by noypiC50 »

batosai wrote:Hi Sam! So you finally made it here to this site pare! Good seeing some familiar posts from you, as well as looking forward to experiencing your soon-to-be purchase of another car to add to your stable. :woot: ..heheheheh. As long as "si babe aka da kumander" doesn't complain too much. :arg: :doh: ...mwahahahahaha... :lol2:
be quiet Lito, she might hear your thoughts eheheh
This rain better quit so we can get the meets going!
batosai

Post by batosai »

noypiC50 wrote:be quiet Lito, she might hear your thoughts eheheh
Agreed Sam! I believe the weather should be getting better hopefully soon! Now as for "da kumander"...no comment...loool
Team Xclusiv
vercjum2

Post by vercjum2 »

batosai wrote:
Agreed Sam! I believe the weather should be getting better hopefully soon! Now as for "da kumander"...no comment...loool
My "commander" doesn't know I just purchased a Celica LOL!! As Oracle told me before, just take ur wife and kids to a vacation trip and then surprise her with the new car in the garage when coming home surprised surprised
Live LIFE the fulliest now... you don't know if you'll have tomorrow !!!
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

vercjum2 wrote:
batosai wrote:
My "commander" doesn't know I just purchased a Celica LOL!! As Oracle told me before, just take ur wife and kids to a vacation trip and then surprise her with the new car in the garage when coming home surprised surprised
Oh man ur in big2 trouble pare... ull get alot of palo w/ a belt for it for sure.. hehehe
noypiC50

Post by noypiC50 »

NO vacations for them, it will eat into my car funds lol. I just have to be "outside da kulambo" for awhile just to get my Celica lol
batosai

Post by batosai »

vercjum2 wrote:...My "commander" doesn't know I just purchased a Celica LOL!!.....
she doesn't know...uh oh... :arg: :screwy: :lol2:
Team Xclusiv