Sup

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
tanro

Sup

Post by tanro »

Hello everybody, I am new to the world of celicas. Just bought a 1976 GT Liftback with a 5speed Manual. It runs great, only 76,000 miles on it. It needs paint and body work badly. The frame appears good, and the engine runs strong, like I said before. I sadly dont have the money for a full restoration project right now. I plan using this car as a Daily Driver until I go back to the Active Army. Then I should have the money to restore the car.

I don't have a working digital camera but When my friend gets Back from east TN I will call him and get him to come take some pics.

My plans are to do a full restoration of the engine body, and chassis. But the interior isn't gonna stay classic. I have a full interior from a Saturn SL2 that is gonna be adapated (what I can) To fit the Celica. The bucket seats and center console should be going in first thing. The seats in this car have pretty much had it and the center console was ripped apart by the kid that owned before me installing a Cd player.

The worst thing about this car is $#!+ the 16 year old did too before his parents made him sell it. The speaker wells have holes cut in them for walmart speakers mounted with wood screws. The center console look he took a crow bar and ripped it apart to take out the non fuctional radio and install a cheap pioneer cd deck that looks to be at least 10 years old.

I allready did what I could to fix the center console and I took out the crappy cd deck and put in a much better pioneer, tomorrow I trying to take out the wal mart speakers and put in the alpine's from my sattie.

Pictures as of 18 JUN 2008:
My Celica and The @$$ of my Friends DSM.
Engine Bay.
Da Car.
Da Car and My Girl Friend Heather.
Lift Back Yo! The rear looks a bit like a mustang.
From the Side.
Me (left) Heather (mid) and Nate(Left) In Front of my Celica and His DSM.
Me, My Bro Nate and Both of Our cars.
Last edited by tanro on June 18th, 2008, 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
slowmo

Re: Sup

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard!

Good luck with your project. I have a 77 liftback that I have owned for 11 years, but it has been neglected for about 9 or 10 of those. The guys here will be lots of help both for info and for parts!

Where are you from?
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

Welcome. I've had my LB for 18 years. Got it when I turned 16. :D
tanro

Post by tanro »

Im from Nothern Alabama, United States. Athens, AL to specific but, unless your from the area you'd not know where that is.
tanro

Post by tanro »

Bump For Pix Being Up. First Post
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

welcome aboard ^_^. looks like your a proud celica owner from those pictures smile
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
rodog

Post by rodog »

Nice find, always liked the liftback. I used to have a DSM in the past also ah memories (of broken half shafts, cracked manifolds, and stand alone issues that kept the idle "hunting", fun car though. Welcome.
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

A couple rounds of Engine Brite and a power washer (and some time to dry out), and that thing will look good under the hood (and make working on it more pleasant). Very good car to start with, it looks like. Welcome to the show!
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
tanro

Post by tanro »

I actually just took some degreaser from work to the engine. I work at sonic drive in as maintenance and I just grabbed a grill scrub pad and Route 44 cup full of degreaser from the back.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome to the club. :D

Pete