New from Saskatchewan

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
spiderman

New from Saskatchewan

Post by spiderman »

Well, met my wife 20+ years ago and she had a 1972 with a 18RC and 5 spd. I was a hardcore american muscle car guy. But after driving(or terrorizing) the streets in that Celica, I was hooked! The car was wore out and needed a rest so I scrunched some cash and started the resto. After completing the body work and chasing parts, Some kids at a concert decided to demolish the car. Kicking in the doors, hood, roof, and trunk. My wife and I were heart broke. A friend of family needed a car for their daughter to go to school with, so we sold the car under the rule that she sells it back to us for the same price when she is done with it. Some years later we got the car back and it sits in my quansette waiting to be restored. I need a lot of parts, but vow to finish it. About four months ago whilst looking for parts I came across a 1976 and bought it instantly. It only has 87000 original miles and has always been serviced by the dealer. I presently have the car sanded and am hoping on having the paint done later next week. While tearing down the car I came across some major problems with the bumper ends and can't seem to find any replacements. Anybody know where I could find some? It would be a shame to have this lil dragon locked in my shop with fresh paint because I can't find the parts.
Im jhun_hapi

Re: New from Saskatchewan

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

try Santos... post some pics on ur project.. welcome..
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Hey Spidey, sign in to the "Canadian Count" thread with some pics. There's a few of us here. Just a warning though, stay clear of member Kylehugo in Alberta, he's nutz! :lol2:

Welcome Aboard

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
Kylehugo

Post by Kylehugo »

I would be offended by Neil's comments here, except for the fact that I just finished installing an exhaust system that's worth more then the car that it's installed on, so under the given circumstances, I have to agree with the old bloke here.....
IG @deathofkyle