New - Intro

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
gtcali

New - Intro

Post by gtcali »

My 1st 2 cars were 1977 Celica GT Coupes. One red, one grey...back in the mid 80s. I used to drift them in the back roads of my neighborhood. Pretty funny. At 42, I'm thinking of getting another 1st gen Celica. I was into Hondas. Turboed a 89 4dr Civic which was stolen. I currently have an '85 CRX Si.

BTW, My older brother had a 1977 Celica Fastback. A Chastain. Anybody hear of those? It was orange with flares (screwed) and front air dam when was molded to the front flares. it also had a wing on the back. This was my brother's first car. The used car dealer said it came that way from orignal dealership. It was also way quicker that my Celicas. Never saw one like it. I wonder if we have a pic of it floating around somewhere.

-Geoff
exodus

Re: New - Intro

Post by exodus »

welcome to the 1stgen forums!!!

sounds like you and your brother had good taste in cars back then!! :2thumbs:

good luck on your search for another....

keep checking around here, they pop up here and there! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
toyboyracer
Location: BRISBANE Orstrayla-Where Celicas roam FREE in my back yard!

Post by toyboyracer »

gtcali wrote: BTW, My older brother had a 1977 Celica Fastback. A Chastain. Anybody hear of those? It was orange with flares (screwed) and front air dam when was molded to the front flares. it also had a wing on the back. This was my brother's first car. The used car dealer said it came that way from orignal dealership. It was also way quicker that my Celicas. Never saw one like it. I wonder if we have a pic of it floating around somewhere.

-Geoff
LOL - You said almost the exact same thing on the honda.hybid/classic imports forum back in 2005 :lol2:

Welcome to Sillycar land ! :cheers:
Was 18 once - A long time ago... In a '66 Holden far far away...
B.C.S - Brisbane Celica Spares

GORDON @ celica-spares@hotmail.com
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Roger Chastain Associates of Long Beach California, did the conversions. You could order a Chastain or the parts through the dealers.They did not come from the factory. They mostly made louvres, the "shadow" brand.
I don't suspect many left cali or if there are any survivors.

A pic would be great if you can find one?

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
gtcali

Post by gtcali »

Toyboyracer - Really I guess I've always wondered. It was actually the both mine and my bro's. He was a year older and I didn't have my license yet. When I got my license, i opted for the notch back. It was a time where those 3rd gen Celicas and Supras with kits were the hot thing and the Chastain looked dated. Man I wish I still had that thing. I wish I had my notchbacks too. Hybrids.jp? username? What chu drivin' now?

Neil - Thanks for shedding some light.