77 celica gt coupe from florida

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
RustyRedemption

77 celica gt coupe from florida

Post by RustyRedemption »

I recently obtained a 1977 celica gt coupe which I am in love with but it has been an emotional battlefield fighting rust, leaks, and mechanical issues. The celica is equipped with a 20r/22r hybrid but recently over heated so now I'm in the market for a new engine. I would like to know what swap you guys have in your celica, your stories and experience.
this machine will be for street and occasional track use so a swap that is simple/bang for the bucks/reliable/power/balance/and out right fun and awesome/
~thanks for all the advise and input
IMG_1044 by RustyRedemption, on Flickr
IMG_1046 by RustyRedemption, on Flickr
IMG_1064 by RustyRedemption, on Flickr
Tony.celi77

Re: 77 celica gt coupe from florida

Post by Tony.celi77 »

Welcome to the sight . I own a 77 RA24 St and I know how the fight against rust is and it dont help that I'm in north Dakota. I'm currently sourcing some parts so I can start my 3sge beams swap a few people have already done this swap so it will help me out on what major problems I may run into and what's the best way to go about it. Honestly with these old Celicas the sky is the limit to what you want to swap into them. But at the end it's totally up to you on witch engine to go with and the budget you have to work with. The best thing to do is research research research and see what numbers all around appeal to you the most and go from there. :2thumbs:
1977 Celica ST RA24
1976 Celica GT RA29 half mine
1991 Toyota Pickup
batosai

Re: 77 celica gt coupe from florida

Post by batosai »

Welcome and sorry to hear about the rust issues, although I'm sure we all deal with that at one degree or another, because that's just how old cars are right? Anyhow, there's a lot of info that can be had from this forum, and also great people here. I would advise contacting "groupb" here on the forums for most, if not , all parts inquiries and needs that you will require. He is quite knowledgeable and if he can't assist you, I'm sure he can refer you to someone who can! :2thumbs:
Team Xclusiv