71 celica st coupe in Sacramento

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
celly916

71 celica st coupe in Sacramento

Post by celly916 »

Hi guys and gals, my name is Matt. I picked up a 71 Celica ST about a month ago. My first growing interest for this car was actually back in 2003 when I first met Andy. I was buying an AE86 from his at his house and he showed me his red Celica project. As much as I didn't know about the car, I thought the overall shape and the lines on the car were just beautiful. I fell in love with it. From 2003-present I drifted the AE86, loved it, but sold it and got a s14 240sx. I raced it and drifted it and sold that too. My daily driver now is a 91 integra AUTOMATIC. why? I figure I'd put some money away. But just like some or most of you guys, I browse craigslist for cars or projects on my freetime. I normally browse for 240sx, AE86, 71-74 celicas and Rx7. I knew really didnt want to get do another 240 or AE86. This time I decide to get myself a smog exempt celica coupe. I finally found a 71 in San Jose. The body looked straight online and the owner said all it needed was a key and wiring repair. So I picked it up. I wasn't going to drive a trailer all the way out to San Jose to just look at it.
So my plan for this car is fairly simple. I just want to restored into a clean looking car that drives reliable. But if the stock 8RC does give up, a EFI swap will most definitely take its place.

Here she is...
Seriously, what were they hoping to tow with this car?
I love the all red taillights on this car.
Decided to put Del Sol seats in it. It sits really high up. I may replace it with something else.
Look, it came with a manual...

So after a month now, I got the Engine running, replaced, flush and bled the brake system, replaced the seats, but pretty much none of the electrical work (lighting, horn, wiper, etc...) So I got my Celica now and I got something to do on my days off now. That's my story. Hello everyone and I hope to meet some of you soon.
Last edited by celly916 on June 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowHawtness

Re: 71 celica st coupe in Sacramento

Post by YellowHawtness »

Congrats and welcome. Let the addiction begin!
zulu

Post by zulu »

Very cool man. Nice to see another 71 here. GL on the build up man. once u buy a celica u never go back just to tell u lol
Image Image
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Sup Matt. Good to meet another oldschool toyota enthusiast. Welcome to 1stgencelica's@!
Andy_Vang
Site Admin

Post by Andy_Vang »

Matt, take those seats out and use the stock celica rails. I will sit as low as the stock seats.
celly916

Post by celly916 »

Argh! I wished i would have known sooner. I welded brackets into the car. I did that because i figured honda brackets are easiest to find if I later decide to use aftermarket seats. I guess i can cut and grind it out. Thanks.
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

look like a solid car.. u got a good buy on that.. i looked like it used to have a luggage rack on the trunk. Andy is a very good guy he and Ray help me get my 72 from sac.

Rocky

let me know if u dont want the hitch. ill take it off ur hands :D
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Grats, looks like a great project car. I can't wait to see it come to life, and if you know Andy, you are hangin with the right guy to get it done.

Pete
rad_ra21

Post by rad_ra21 »

my name is J.D. and im a celica addict too :shock: and i love it man :twisted: good luck with your sweet celica
if you ever need anything i have spares and ive owned about 23 celicas still own 4 :wink:
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

Nice hitch... reminds me of the 300zx sitting by my house with a boat trailer attached to it
77 Liftback - 7M-GTE, etc... slowly coming together | Project Photos