So Cal Summer w/my NEW 74 Celica! Help name Her!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
OG74celica

So Cal Summer w/my NEW 74 Celica! Help name Her!

Post by OG74celica »

Wats up all my brothers! Hangin in Sunny Long Beach Ca. I just recently picked up a 1974 Celica ST a week ago. My first Love for Yota's was my 1974 Corolla delux. I've never got so much recognition for driving a car, until i picked up my 74 Corolla. 2008 Suburu's were pulling up next to me and showing me love for a 34 year old car, and my car was 1/4 restored. LOL. Females breaking there necks. And i really did not understand that there were soooooo much Toyota Fanatics. And all of a sudden, I'm Toyota Crazy. I was reading another forum, and it was some guy asking for suggestions for a name for his celica. So now it's time to give my newborn a name. Any Suggestions?

1974 Toyota Celica ST
Color: Red
(bone stock)
...sorry i have no pics right now, someone jacked my digi cam. But i will post one soon.
zulu

Re: So Cal Summer w/my NEW 74 Celica! Help name Her!

Post by zulu »

hey was up man. welcome to the site and the celica family. great stuff hearing people recognizing the oldskool japanese cars. yeah um for the name. personally i coppied the idea of a fellow celica addict. giving your car a japanese girl name. usually a car is a girl and they are japanese so why not? just go on the web look for a site with japanese girl names and pick one that fits your car. but i think i might change mine soon. caus i was watching ninja warrior on G4, and like 2 of the guys that were on the show had the name of my car. i thought it was supposed to be to be a girl japanese name! hahaha so yeah i might change the name of my car soon.
Image Image
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Thanks for the welcoming me. Yea it was sort of overwhelming for me when a turbo'd impreza wagon pulled up to my 74 rolla and Honored my vehicle. Yea but for the name, a japanese girl name would be purrrfect. How come i couldn't think of that? Haha I watch alot of japanese anime, so i have too many names to chose from. But I think the name i will chose is either Nyoko, which means 'a gem or treasure' or Takara, which means 'a treasure'. Both almost mean the same thing, but It's between Nyoko and Takara. What you guys think?
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

old classic toyota are very resperctable as it seems like it to me by everyone.... especially in the classic category. nice choice by giving a japanese name to a japanese car!.... i like nyoko cause it sounds smooth smile
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Yea. I was leaning more to that name too. So Nyoko it is. Thanks for the second opinion. So look out for Nyoko. I have plans for her to be seen everywhere.
Yea especially classic toyota's, can't wait for Toyota Fest 2009, i live only a block away, and i can't believe i missed Toy fest 2008. I had my 74 ROlla.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Yep Nyoko is a winner. And YES, we do need to see some pics. Oh and Welcome.

Pete
Tvphotog

Post by Tvphotog »

After reading this, I got to thinking about my celica and that it needed a name. Gonna search for a bit. I like the name you have chosen for yours biggrin
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Yea. I think it's necessary to name your car, to distinguish a difference in your car and other cars alike. It's unique and fun. Yea let us know what you are planning to name your car, so that in the future, if your car gets a lot of recognition, we can know her by real name. Yea i will be posting pics of Nyoko this saturday. Please return to this post, and let me know what you think.
Tvphotog

Post by Tvphotog »

I decided on Kieko. It means 'happy child' and that describes how she makes me feel everytime I look at her. Plus, we had a dog named that and she was the best dog we ever had. So just like Indy, she is named after the dog :P
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

Oh man, that's close to the name I was going to choose! I was thinking Ikeike, which means b i t c h. That way when it makes me mad I can say, "Stupid Ikeike!"

Now I may have to go with Saseko (whore), or maybe Yariman (slut).

Just kidding, Kieko is a good name.

My daughter and I love the PS2 game Okami, which would be perfect for mine since it means "mistress." My wife thinks my car is "the other woman," so I think I will go with Okami. The main character in the game was a white wolf. Which means I have to paint my car white. Cool, 2 things figured out today!
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Yea Slut or Whore is perfect! No J/P. Haha yea Okami sounds Good. Kieko is a rare name too. It's the meaning of the name that counts. I think Okami (Mistress) is perfect. How come i didn't chose that one. Haha . "Happy Child" is a good one too. That's why Japanese names are cool. They have a meaning. Unlike american names like Bob means Bob. Lol
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

OG74celica wrote: Japanese names are cool. They have a meaning. Unlike american names like Bob means Bob. Lol
:lol: hahaha very true
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

JDM_GUY wrote:
OG74celica wrote: Japanese names are cool. They have a meaning. Unlike american names like Bob means Bob. Lol
:lol: hahaha very true
Ah, but most English names do have meaning, I'm sure even Robert has meaning if you go way back. My girls both have Welsh names, one means "love" or "beloved", and the other means "precious thing."

But, I still wouldn't give a Japanese car a silly name like "Bob." Maybe Jim. "Dammit Jim! I'm a driver, not a mechanic!"
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
OG74celica

Post by OG74celica »

Okay American names do have a meaning. Bob means Robert. Hey my name is Gary. What does that mean? To me, that's the most American name there is. Lol. Im not even white. I'm asian. That's the funny part. Names are always important. Yea think of a Japanese Classic Car named "David" or something.
YellowHawtness

Post by YellowHawtness »

Michael means. "Who is like God."

8)