My First old school jdm build

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
73celinoob

My First old school jdm build

Post by 73celinoob »

Hello to all. I wanted to start off a true from the ground up build and I came across a 73 celica shell for 400. I saw this as a great opportunity for my first ground up build. This is going to be a timely process as I am tearing it down to nothing and full customization of the interior minus the doors. I have seen a few builds but nothing fully done like I plan to do. I will be documenting everything I do each day I work on it in a notebook so I can transfer this info onto the forum. I want to give my experience and what I do for ideas for others who want to do the same to their vehicle. I have owned a 02 celica gt which was great in handling but I much prefer rwd. I have also owned a 87 turbo Supra and had alot of fun in that. Being that said I'm thinking of using the 7mgte for my powerplant. I also thought of converting from a straight axle to rear independent but thats later down the road. If anyone has any thoughts on putting the 7m into the car I'd love to hear them. I want to keep basic necessities like heating for instance and if I to cut too much into the firewall I see this being a problem. I've already started to tear some of it down and found plenty of cancer. I have alot of work ahead of me and I'm excited. To give a heads up on my mechanical background I have about 3 years shop experience between a chrysler dealership and a chevy dealer. I'm good at stick welding but still picking up on mig. My dad taught me first to stick. I have NO body work experience which this is going to be a learning experience for me. I plan to custom make a carbon fiber hood and possible trunk. What can be salvaged from this car is going to be reused. I want to keep the original outside look but with fender flares. Now, if anyone has any thoughts or has done something like this I'm all ears. I look forward to sharing my experience and learning a lil on the way.
toyboyracer
Location: BRISBANE Orstrayla-Where Celicas roam FREE in my back yard!

Re: My First old school jdm build

Post by toyboyracer »

There's currently 2 x 7M-GE threads running here (pun intended)

Welcome to the Silly Car Club ! :wave:
Was 18 once - A long time ago... In a '66 Holden far far away...
B.C.S - Brisbane Celica Spares

GORDON @ celica-spares@hotmail.com
73celinoob

Re: My First old school jdm build

Post by 73celinoob »

I saw one after I joined then posted up this, I plan on posting up everything I do with pics. Kinda new to the forum thing other than using google to find stuff. I should have something started on my build soon, hard to work around Norfolk law.