New Member/new owner of a 77 RA29

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jaydub803

New Member/new owner of a 77 RA29

Post by jaydub803 »

Hi everyone, my name is Jay and I have a car problem. My newest relapse into project car hell is a 77 celica. This is the oldest car I have taken on yet. Alittle background, I was raised on small euro cars and datsuns, and wasn't really into cars as a passion until I graduated high school. The first car i bought myself was an 84 300zx. I have had over 30 cars since I started driving. I am a Nissan Datsun guy at heart, but the first swapped car I owned was an 88 supra. That was also the first car I did more than performance upgrades to, I made a few little fiberglass pieces for my interior and got a body kit.

Currently I have 2 s13 240sx's, an s14 that burned up a month and a half ago, a mazda b2200, a 74 240z, and the celica. The z is a complete nice condition roller that belonged to a friend of my dads since it was new. I bought it from him when they moved away to retire. I want to do a full showroom job on that car someday, and I plan to learn how using the celica. The end goal of the celica is to have a swapped, spartan, hand built hotrod. I want to do things to this car that actually require custom fabrication, including first restoring the body where its rusty and bondo'ed, replacing the interior(already in progress), building fiberglass fenders, hood, and front and rear bumpers, and then swapping in a straight 6 or nicer turbo I4 and doing a suspension swap from an early supra. I hope to drive it on the road at times and be able to hit the track for cheap too. I have an s13 for track duty now, but it never turns heads like this will. ANyway, I can't wait to learn and share my progress!
neil reid

Re: New Member/new owner of a 77 RA29

Post by neil reid »

Wow, you got a lot going on! Welcome to the club. Make sure you make your location visible in your profile Jay. It will make things a lot easier for you (and the rest of us) when your looking for parts etc. There are members here from all over the planet, and I'm pretty sure there's a few from other planets as well judging by the comments/advice sometimes .

Again, Welcome

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
TA28Dutch

Post by TA28Dutch »

neil reid wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a few from other planets as well judging by the comments/advice sometimes .Neil
Oh Yeah! :lol2:

Welcome Jay. :cheers:
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
jaydub803

Post by jaydub803 »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have updated my location. I will be starting my build thread as soon as my pics upload to my website