SOCAL NEW MEMBER 77 CELICA GT LIFTBACK

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
McCoy_III

SOCAL NEW MEMBER 77 CELICA GT LIFTBACK

Post by McCoy_III »

Hello, My name is Lewis and I am 31yrs old. I just bought myself a 77 Celica GT Liftback. I don't know much about the older Celica's but it seems simple enough. THe car was taken care of and there are no issues that I have found mechanically wrong with the car. I will post pics one day. I currently live in SoCal. I have owned in no particular order, 2000 Celica GTS, 1994 RX-7, 1992 3000GT VR4, 1988 Supra, 1992 Diamante, 1989 Skyline GTS-T (Japan), 1985 Sentra, 1987 Levin Coupe (Japan), 1992 Legacy, 2004 BMW 325CI, 2011 Mazda 6, 1996 Honda Legend (Japan) and now a 1977 Celica GT LIFTBACK. I spent 4 years in Japan and every car I have owned I have worked on myself. I love small sports cars but I also love classics. I never thought about buying an older Celica tell a few years ago I saw one driving around and I didn't know what it was, I had to have one. There's not much I want to do with the car. I have no idea have how carbs work so that is going to be a learning experience.

Plans for the car is just add a little power about 50 - 75hp with changing to much, I hate hills and it does also. It has a 22R block and 20R head just rebuilt. I want to get some smiley bumpers they look better and put a nice sounding exhaust on the car and a paint job. Just going to cruise in the car on some weekends when it's not to hot and chill. Thinking about going to JCCS in September at long beach, but only it the car is up to my standards and that is high.

Other than cars, I like bowling, basketball and video games. Don't watch sports except for the ND vs Michigan game, I could be working on my car or out having a nice drive otherwise. Hit me up if you live close we can meet up and do something. I hate being stuck in the house.
TA28Dutch

Re: SOCAL NEW MEMBER 77 CELICA GT LIFTBACK

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome, Lewis! :wave:
Loads of info here, also about engine swaps, so start reading! :woot:

ps, better put your location in your profile, easier for others if they want to help you or sell you some stuff.....
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
McCoy_III

Post by McCoy_III »

Took me a minute to figure it out Dutch, but I updated it thanks.
maxra29

Post by maxra29 »

Hey lewis its max, glad you joined the site.
This is a huge family of people that help each other out for the sake of keeping these cars alive
I know you will fit in here just fine and anything you need to know is all here, bring the celica by my house some time so i can check it out man, welcome
McCoy_III

Post by McCoy_III »

Hey Max, I'll bring it by when I come back Michigan. So it should be early august.