NorCal Newb

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
FIREBALL

NorCal Newb

Post by FIREBALL »

Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I live in Northern California.
I don't exactly have a 1st gen Celica, more like parts of one. I just bought a 1972 Carina, which as I'm sure you know shares the suspension with the Celica. Right now the car is pretty much bone stock with original paint. Plans are to replace stock motor with Jspec 4a-gze, swap in a t50 5speed, drop her down a couple of inches and clean up and paint everything from bottom to top.
This is my second Carina. My very first car was a '72 Carina. My dad and I built it back in the '80's and showed it at a couple of meets in Chico, Ca. I took 3rd in modified street machines at Concours d'Elegance. It had a 2TG with a 5speed.
Pics to come....
Jason, '72 Carina (my project), '01 Lexus IS300 (wifes baby)
YellowHawtness

Re: NorCal Newb

Post by YellowHawtness »

FIREBALL wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I live in Northern California.
I don't exactly have a 1st gen Celica, more like parts of one. I just bought a 1972 Carina, which as I'm sure you know shares the suspension with the Celica. Right now the car is pretty much bone stock with original paint. Plans are to replace stock motor with Jspec 4a-gze, swap in a t50 5speed, drop her down a couple of inches and clean up and paint everything from bottom to top.
This is my second Carina. My very first car was a '72 Carina. My dad and I built it back in the '80's and showed it at a couple of meets in Chico, Ca. I took 3rd in modified street machines at Concours d'Elegance. It had a 2TG with a 5speed.
Pics to come....
Welcome. I love that car show. Been a few times. Are you familiar with the "Strollers" car club that meets at Gas House Pizza?
FIREBALL

Re: NorCal Newb

Post by FIREBALL »

No, haven't heard of them. The only time I really get down to Chico anymore is for dinner....and that's usually at my favorite sushi bar.
Izzy's Burger Spa does a show night every other thursday up here in Paradise.
Jason, '72 Carina (my project), '01 Lexus IS300 (wifes baby)