hello

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
itsrichg

hello

Post by itsrichg »

hey guys. well let me introduce my self, name is rich golden, my dad has been in this scene a long time ago, ive met cary*? with the 1jz tubbed primer ra21... may remember when you came to the referee station for noise violation,, i was with vas.. you also know my dad.. mark. anyways i guess ive got a bit of a obsession with these classic toyota's. now have 3 of them

anyways, moving along.. i started with a 90 honda civic, slammed it, daily drove it,

did some side work on a buddy's mr2 and acquired a 1968 toyota corona 1900 deluxe as the payment, did nothing with it, it sits in a storage yard(to this day), this is before we put it on the trailer.

fast forward to about a month before toyota fest this past may i bought a buddy's 1970 toyota corona mark II as well as sold the civic and bought a 95 mk3 vw golf to drive as a daily..

the markII has a 18rc with the w50 5spd in it currently, 15" centerline reps, truck shifter w/ bubble shift knob, 240sx fiberglass overfenders, cressida x7 rear spoiler as the front chin, rear air
monroe shocks, and the godfather airhorn (out of sync), 73 celica rear seats, 85 sr5 front seats, and cressida mark Ii lace seat covers. ohh and a rx7 "oil cooler" up front

tinkered with the corona that whole month then drove it ( yes drove it, without a gas guage - sender busted) to long beach for toyota fest, had a ton of coverage. .
good times... especially during the drive to long beach there was alot of side of the freeway time :doh: :banghead: car ran horribly once i got to long beach, but found out the distributor keeper
likes to wiggle it self loose. tightened the hell out of it.. brake lights stopped working after that trip, and diagnosed that the fuel tank either need to be replaced or cleaned with a new sender.

then the following month drove it to the bay area for the bayline gathering meet. awesome venue... since that it sits on the driveway.. turns over everytime though.

now fast forward to just yesterday, and reason why ive signed up on this forum.. picked up the third toyota in my somehow growing collection here..

the car... well has its up's and down's.. upside.. car was free. only spent 20 bucks on some diesel to go get the thing.. downside.... its basically a shell with damage and a cut qp.

:shock: :nonono: welcome my 1973 ra21 celica st ... anyways onto pics

family wants to do a restoration on it.. dad says chop the roof off(warped - may reskin). either way its getting a s2000 motor.. ill be looking for parts, found a few already just wish i had money laying
around, would buy a ton off here in the classifides if i could.. car needs a ton.. basically the whole interior, front bumper, turn signals, corner city lights, rear quater panel city
lights, window regulators, rear quater windows and regulators, might as well as all emblems. and of course all weather strips going for the restored look, modern drivetrain.

hope to send to mediablast relatively soon. need to actually start and complete a project for once, i think i can do that with the help of my family, friends and soon to be friends her on 1st gen celica.

thanks - rich :wave: :cheers:
exodus

Re: hello

Post by exodus »

well hello rich!!

welcome to the forums! looks like a complete celica, just needs a little work.

qtr panels ask "santos" he's the man, he might have some for you!!

say your ride over the bayline meet! didnt get to meet you but hepefully one day!

so you coming over to the darkside too huh!!

cool! good luck with your new project! hopefully you keep it. after the swap, you wont regret it one bit after you drive it! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
itsrichg

Re: hello

Post by itsrichg »

Thanks! On the fence now with motor choice. Can go 1uz for cost effectiveness an have
that v8 lope or the s2k just to whine that engine out to 10k :lol:

getting a few parts here soon from the dealer, couple emblems, then hopefully ill be able to get a welder.

For now putting the celica in storage today so I can finish a old project and sell it for funds on the celica