New Member for Arizona

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
77celicaLB

New Member for Arizona

Post by 77celicaLB »

Hey guys. My name is Joe and I picked up a 77 Celica GT Liftback this week. Its mostly all stock has been repainted before but needs it again. It has the original 20r and 5 speed, but its very tired and has a lot of blow by. Its also sitting on celica supra wheels. I plan to clean it up a bit, lower it, and drop in a 2rz taco motor(with turbo later on). I would also like to find some smiley bumpers and some nice old jdm style 14" or 15" rims. I plan to paint the car orange eventually. I know there is a lot of info out there in the forum as to whats the best way to......... So I hope that I will be welcomed here and can bring this old haggered celica back to be one bad celica! I will be glad to post some pics of my rides as soon as I figure out where to do so.
1966 Morris Minor Gasser-6-71 Blown ZZZ350/700r4/Ford 9"/Full chassis & cage "Chuck Morris"
marxtoy

Re: New Member for Arizona

Post by marxtoy »

Welcome! :cheers: Sounds like you understand the #1 rule on this forum... Have fun and do what you want with your ride. It sounds great!! You'll find tons of good info and advice here,
vercjum2

Post by vercjum2 »

Welcome on board !! I just finished my 2RZ RA20 and loving it !! I will also Turbo it later on. A member here sells the engine cradle with rac n pinion setup. Just cruise around this forum and you will find lots of interesting cars and builds.
Live LIFE the fulliest now... you don't know if you'll have tomorrow !!!
77celicaLB

Post by 77celicaLB »

Whats his name and how do I contact him? I will deffinately be needing that cradle and rack if it will make my swap easier to do in my garage at home. My dad owns a street rod shop, but hardly has the time to help with my projects, so Im hoping to do this one on my own. I already found a complete 2rz with 5 speed, full harness and computer, all accessories and fuse block etc. Please hook me up with his info. Thanks !
1966 Morris Minor Gasser-6-71 Blown ZZZ350/700r4/Ford 9"/Full chassis & cage "Chuck Morris"
vercjum2

Post by vercjum2 »

Hes one of the moderator (green color screen name)... 1JZRA21, his name is Cary. send him a PM - it will make your swap 100 % easier !!
Live LIFE the fulliest now... you don't know if you'll have tomorrow !!!
77celicaLB

Post by 77celicaLB »

Message sent. Thanks so much.
77celicaLB

Post by 77celicaLB »

Well poop... He only makes the modified crossmember for the 71-75 celicas. not my 77'. I will have to do it the hard way.