Celica girl saying hello.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Celica_Girl

Celica girl saying hello.

Post by Celica_Girl »

Hello all. My name is Sabrina and i have a 1976 RA24. I am from CCC but thought I would pop my head in here as well. My Celica is currently in Reno, but I'm in Seattle. If anyone in the Seattle area knows of some garages to rent on the cheap let me now. Thanks guys.
c76

Re: Celica girl saying hello.

Post by c76 »

welcome here to 1stgen Club smile
CJ 8)
There is only "ONE" purpose here - TO AWAKEN. To Be AWARE! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. FEAR is FORCE. KNOWLEDGE is POWER. BUT... WISDOM IS INFINITE
J-M Kujala

Post by J-M Kujala »

Welcome to the forum... :mrgreen:

im little bit of to far to know those garages biggrin :mrgreen:
-Celica ta-22 -74 2t-g turbo (Project again)
-Corolla T-Sport TTE -02
-Toyota IQ -09
-Ducati Monster 750 -99
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

welcome to 1stgencelica ^_^
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Welcome to 1st Gen. Though you don't have your car with you, do you have any pics??

Pete
Celica_Girl

Post by Celica_Girl »

There arent many recent pics of my Celica just because I haven't made much progress on it. Just picture an RA24 with the front sheetmetal taken off and thats pretty much what she looks like now.

I had a long winded story about my car on cc.com, but I cant seem to find it to copy and paste so i will make it short.

1. Father bought me the Celica in highschool as my first car. (2000)
2. Graduated highschool and traded my Celica in for a new Dodge Neon in 2002.
3. Started missing my Celica from the get go.
4. Met my boyfriend and told him how I missed my first car. As a car lover and seeing how much I missed her, he started a search for the Celica for many years to no avail.
5. Flash foward to Nov of 2005, my boyfriend suprised me with an early christmas present. MY CELICA!!! I was soo happy I cried.
6. After inspecting it, it turns out that the previous owner(s) really ran it to the ground. Engine was shot, interior trashed, and the front end had been in a fender bender. Didnt get very far with the repairs because money was tight and we just couldn't spare the dough.
7. Relocated to Seattle from Reno and was forced to leave the Celica in Reno. Its staying at my boyfriends folks place where it"s being well taken care of until I can find a rent-a-garage here in Seattle.

Here she is the night I got her back in my arms.
SubaruG

Post by SubaruG »

Not to shabby! I like the "Dont Step" Sticker. Reminds me of "No Step" on aircraft lol
1974 Celica ST 18RG "Eduardo"
ImageImage
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

That's a nice one with that rare white interior, should be no big deal to make it whole again on the outside. Not surprising that you would miss it after owning a Neon for a few weeks. What was that all about?

But your old car? Very cool in my book, I would have cried, too. But is there a ring hidden somewhere in it that you haven't found yet? :D
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
Celica_Girl

Post by Celica_Girl »

TenBeers wrote:That's a nice one with that rare white interior, should be no big deal to make it whole again on the outside. Not surprising that you would miss it after owning a Neon for a few weeks. What was that all about?

But your old car? Very cool in my book, I would have cried, too. But is there a ring hidden somewhere in it that you haven't found yet? :D
No, no ring. My boyfriend really doesnt believe in marriage.
TenBeers

Post by TenBeers »

Celica_Girl wrote:
TenBeers wrote:That's a nice one with that rare white interior, should be no big deal to make it whole again on the outside. Not surprising that you would miss it after owning a Neon for a few weeks. What was that all about?

No, no ring. My boyfriend really doesnt believe in marriage.
Well, finding your old car for you tells me he is more committed than most guys that would just give you a ring. That's one of the coolest things I've heard. Now I need to find something cool like that to do for my wife. I have 5 more years until our 20th, that's enough time for a shallow guy to figure something out. Maybe.
'18 Tacoma TRD Pro (my DD)
'17 4Runner Limited (wife's DD)
'06 4Runner SR5 (daughter #1 DD)
'15 Corolla S (daughter #2 maybe someday she will learn to drive)
'77 Celica GT Liftback (STILL under restruction)
CLe4R

Post by CLe4R »

SubaruG wrote:Not to shabby! I like the "Dont Step" Sticker. Reminds me of "No Step" on aircraft lol
Looks like it actually says "Don't Steal..."
SubaruG

Post by SubaruG »

Awwwwwwwwww ....im going to have CID fab me up some "NO STEP" stickers....I like that idea
1974 Celica ST 18RG "Eduardo"
ImageImage
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

If you need any help or parts, there's quite a few of us here on the forum and not around the seattle area. That is a good condition coupe and with not too much work, it could look very nice. Did you drive it from Reno to here? Cause if so, the engine must be in at least passable condition. Oh, and if you are staying in WA for long, you can rip out the smog pumps, EGR, run headers, and remove the cat out if you want to go a bit faster.
77 Liftback - 7M-GTE, etc... slowly coming together | Project Photos
Celica_Girl

Post by Celica_Girl »

bobmilkman wrote:If you need any help or parts, there's quite a few of us here on the forum and not around the seattle area. That is a good condition coupe and with not too much work, it could look very nice. Did you drive it from Reno to here? Cause if so, the engine must be in at least passable condition. Oh, and if you are staying in WA for long, you can rip out the smog pumps, EGR, run headers, and remove the cat out if you want to go a bit faster.
No I didnt drive it to Seattle. Engine had a blown head gasket when I got it. It's still sitting at my parents house in Reno. As soon as I find a house to rent with a garage or find a garage to rent, I will ship it up to Washington.
goretro77

Post by goretro77 »

welcome Celica girl. Thats a fine Celica you have there.
"When you´re racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
(Steve McQueen, 1971)