New member from Australia

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Jasbel

New member from Australia

Post by Jasbel »

Hi all,
When I was 18 years old I bought my first Celica..a metallic blue TA22. I loved that car and today still rate it as the best car I have ever owned. I have since built speedboats and restored a Ford Mustang but still have a soft spot for the Celica. That was years ago, but now my daughter has just turned 16 and is learning to drive. What an excuse to relive the old era! I have recently purchased a '75 Celica that I am restoring. I also bought another '75 that was being wrecked for parts. I may even do both of them! One of the Celicas has a 2TG motor which I have stripped down and am currently re-building. I am finding it hard to locate the upper cam chain slipper which sits behind the tensioner. I would imagine it is a common problem that someone has some answers for by now? I love the ingenuity of the 2TG and would hate not to use it because of one small part....any suggestions?
Regards,
J
TA28Dutch

Re: New member from Australia

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome! :wave:
One of our members runs a Toyota Sports shop, he may be able to help you with that chain slipper, his ID is -Groupb-
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
Hamza

Post by Hamza »

Someone from my own back yard :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

welcome.

Post some pics, would love to see the cars.

Try "sleeka spares"

they are in pooraka

http://www.sleekaspares.com.au/
Jasbel

Post by Jasbel »

Hey thanks, will post some pics soon.

I have tried Sleeka spares and they did have some refurbished units but sold out.

Still looking....