RA22 in St. Albert, Alberta

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
soccernut

RA22 in St. Albert, Alberta

Post by soccernut »

Hello,
I started off as a Toyota 4x4 guy with a couple of 1st gen 4runners, a Land Cruiser and my current FJ in my history.
my first encounter with a 1st gen was a couple years ago when I got a beat down 77 Liftback with the plan to restore it. Shortly I moved to St. Albert from Calgary and I didn't have a garage at the time and was forced to sell it. It was a sad day.

I recently finished building my house with an oversized garage and was itching to get my hands on a celica again. I found one in olds (couple hours away) that was in fairly good condition considering it was not restored and an Alberta vehicle.

My plans are:
- strip the interior and start over.
- fix the body and repaint - (Same color)
- spruce up the engine bay. Planning to keep it stock. Mainly just repair, maintenance and cleaning.
- Do something about those wheels and tires. Not sure what, but those things don't work for me.

The above I just want to do to get the car driving again and start to enjoy it. I eventually would like to start changing suspension parts and cleaning up the undercarriage during winters after the initial phase is done. I really would like to do as much as possible in my garage

I am here to get suggestions and help with repair and finding vendors and such.

1975 Celica GT Coupe
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15323
Kylehugo

Re: RA22 in St. Albert, Alberta

Post by Kylehugo »

Hey! Glad to hear someone picked that up and it'll be getting some love. Check out the Canadian count thread if you get a chance to see all who surround you, but from what I can tell you've already met one of us.

Good luck with your project eh!
IG @deathofkyle