hey 76 lb AND coupe here :P

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
tmkjune
Location: manhattan, junction city, fort riley, topeka, salina

hey 76 lb AND coupe here :P

Post by tmkjune »

hey guys im don.
at the moment im at kansas twards the manhattan area.

heres my two (technically THREE) celicas (;

i apoligize beforehand if the pictures come out retarted huge i think i accidentally skipped a step :banghead:

but yeah there they are.
the gt is going to my dad for him to fix up and the coupe is mine to play with.

im planning on a blacktop beams itb swap and have most of the info i need to swap it. still need to know about the wiring harness from the dash side and the engine side on how much modifying i need and how to actually paint. i know quite a bit on fixing the mechanicals but i dont know squat on audio, paint, welding, and custom dash.

i know mr. roji or however you say his name has a tread and another dude but im suspecting them leaving out some things :cry2:

so yeah if anyone has spare parts for the swap and hopefully mr santos is still into the coilies, willwood bbk, and maybe getting us the 76/7 front crossmember for us later gen beams swappers?
dsp979

Re: hey 76 lb AND coupe here :P

Post by dsp979 »

Welcome to the site. If the 76-77 liftbacks were smog exempt here in Cali, I would get one in a heartbeat.

RadRA21 (sp?) is making the crossmember for the beams motor. Unfortunately, it is for the 71 to 75 cars, Not for the 76-77s. But you're not the only one looking at this swap, so he might "mass produce" it.
1971, 72, 74 Celicas
1985 AE88 hatch
1989 240SX hatch
2020 86 TRD package (sold 2004 IS300 5MT)
tmkjune
Location: manhattan, junction city, fort riley, topeka, salina

Re: hey 76 lb AND coupe here :P

Post by tmkjune »

Nice! I'm originally from Cali.. LA to be precise but my job makes me move places. The lift back will be going to Cali. All I know about this thing is the previous owner thought the motor locked up so he just handed me the title ;) and when I checked for it the starter died. It holds a 22rte in it. And my coupe has a bad rod bearing so its going beams. That guy should make the crossmember already :)