Got my first TA22 :D

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ash16847

Got my first TA22 :D

Post by ash16847 »

Hey guys whats up
my names Andy and im from MI, USA.
few of you may remember the dude with the subarus and celica that joined a couple weeks ago with the 'dragon o rust car'
link to his intro thread here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14425
Well, he ran into some issues with his main car and I bought it off him (I'm friends with him and went with him to pick it up and fell in love with it... I ended up calling first dibs and here we are lol.

now for some pics:
Image (My 04 STi on the left, and my friends 02 wagon on the right)
OEM trunk rack: Image

Now, A little more about me...
I will be 20 next sunday (october 28th), and I actually deliver pizzas (yea haha funny I know....)
Here is a list of my current and previous list of cars: (cars i currently own still are bolded)
1989 Nissan 240sx hatchback, painted it Plum Crazy Pearl off of the 2010 challengers back in december, still own it.
1991 Nissan 240sx hatchback, still got it
1992 Nissan 240sx coupe, JDM silvia front, with a cammed skyline R32 RB20DET silvertop motor swap, still got it

1990 Nissan 240sx hatchback with a KA24E single overhead cam turbocharged engine, coolant hose blew off on me somehow while driving and the headgasket blew on me. sold that on my 18th birthday...
1990 Toyota Supra MKIII, still got it
1998 Nissan 240sx kouki, ended up trading that plus the turbo kit off the 90 KA-T car for the RB20 car
2004 Subaru WRX STi, just bought that at the end of august, still got it
then this 72 celica ST

I know what most of you are probably thinking; 'this kid has got to be one of those punks that goes drifting on the streets with people around that daddy bought everything for him. probably a HS drop out.'
Well if you were thinking that, you'd be mistaken. saved all my money since I was a kid, and ended up blowing it all on cars lol. and I am a drifter, but in NO way do I condone street drifting nor do I do it. I also graduated college in may of 2010, and I was 17. I then started college on July 12th of 2010 at a technical college for auto body (ahem, collision repair *rolls eyes*.) While there I learned painting as well as I learned how to airbrush, and I graduated on December 22nd, 2011 (just after painting my 89 240sx)

Well guys, hope thats a good enough introduction and hope to be a part of this forum for quite a while.
TA28Dutch

Re: Got my first TA22 :D

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome to Celica paradise.... :lol2:
Definitely an impressive list of cars for a 20 year old.
Looks like your autobody skills are going to be stressed with this one; many in this forum would have walked away from that one. Hope you pull it off and resurrect it from the dead! :2thumbs:
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
ash16847

Post by ash16847 »

thanks, lol.
the body work honestly isnt my main concern. main concern is getting it running again, which should be done very soon. I got it to crank when I jump the starter over, I need a rad before I attempt starting it. Also, my clutch pedal is seized and won't go down, so thats another issue as well. im thinking clutch master cylinder...
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

i love ur car.. it have character :2thumbs: If i were u smooth it out then put a clear coat then call it done. u can call her rust bucket. jst worry bout gettin her running smoothly. good luck and welcome oh yeah more pics pls.
Hamza

Post by Hamza »

Just as he said^^

this thing would look mad with a nice set of wheels and lowered a little. Clear coat it and restore things like the taillights and trim ect. you can also focus all your time in the engine bay and pretty it up a little.

similar to what this guy has done...

http://www.icon4x4.com/dr/derelicts/gallery
ash16847

Post by ash16847 »

Thanks guys,
I am actually planning to do it rat rod style. Im actually getting into the rat rod style. im also wanting a matte black slammed to the ground 53 caddy coupe deville, but thats gonna be hard to find.

On another note, yes, it will be lowered, but will be lowered a LOT, not just a little lol. And I'll probably fix some minor things and then airbrush it to make it look rusty like the rest, then clear coat it.