Hello from WNY

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
snakeyes98

Hello from WNY

Post by snakeyes98 »

hi toyota folk
im kinda like a fish out of water here....
you see ive been a corvette guy my whole life.
a few years ago i had a customer telling me about this special toyota that he had. i just passed it off as another guy bragging about his car. well as luck has it he fell on hard times and now im the proud owner of a 1975 celica gt 2000 liftback. car is a unmolested two owner car. all original and rust free.(been on blocks for 20 years).i have all the original import papers and all.
im looking forward to gaining some knowledge about these cars. i don't think there are many in the states from what i can tell.
happy thanksgiving
Geo.
neil reid

Re: Hello from WNY

Post by neil reid »

Welcome George, I think off hand you may be the only WNY guy here (sorry to any others that are not coming to mind). We have a few here in Ontario in NF,St.Catherines, Toronto area etc, I'm about 1 hr north of Toronto myself. So lots of guys close by. There's guys in Michigan, New England states as well When I need parts I pick up in NFNY. I actually picked up my Celica in Buffalo 5 yrs ago, it came from Texas. You will like it here, very helpful, knowledgeable people. You're in for a big shock the first time you polish here up and cruise around a bit...they attract a LOT of attention.

:cheers:
Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
rachuck21

Post by rachuck21 »

Welcome. Pictures! (please) Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

neil reid wrote:Welcome George, I think off hand you may be the only WNY guy here (sorry to any others that are not coming to mind). We have a few here in Ontario in NF,St.Catherines, Toronto area etc, I'm about 1 hr north of Toronto myself. So lots of guys close by. There's guys in Michigan, New England states as well When I need parts I pick up in NFNY. I actually picked up my Celica in Buffalo 5 yrs ago, it came from Texas. You will like it here, very helpful, knowledgeable people. You're in for a big shock the first time you polish here up and cruise around a bit...they attract a LOT of attention.

Neil
How soon we forget the college student from Irvine who now lives in Rochester, Ny. Mike Buff. Anyways welcome
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

That is VERY rare! I can't wait to see pics too! :cheers: Welcome.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

73GTV wrote:
neil reid wrote:Welcome George, I think off hand you may be the only WNY guy here (sorry to any others that are not coming to mind). We have a few here in Ontario in NF,St.Catherines, Toronto area etc, I'm about 1 hr north of Toronto myself. So lots of guys close by. There's guys in Michigan, New England states as well When I need parts I pick up in NFNY. I actually picked up my Celica in Buffalo 5 yrs ago, it came from Texas. You will like it here, very helpful, knowledgeable people. You're in for a big shock the first time you polish here up and cruise around a bit...they attract a LOT of attention.

Neil
How soon we forget the college student from Irvine who now lives in Rochester, Ny. Mike Buff. Anyways welcome
See, I new I'd screw it up....sorry Mike and Thanks Drew :oops:

Neil
MikeBuff

Post by MikeBuff »

Hey All,

And welcome to the community snakeyes98, like 73GTV said I am in Rochester NY, if your ever in the neighborhood let me know and i'd be glad to show you mine!

Mike
Vegeta the 1971 Ra20 F20C
MikeBuff

Post by MikeBuff »

[/quote]

Neil[/quote]

HOW DARE YOU NEIL! Just kidding :lol:

Im making my way up to Canada in about a month, hitting up Laval and Toronto, should be interesting.
Vegeta the 1971 Ra20 F20C
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

MikeBuff wrote:

Neil[/quote]

HOW DARE YOU NEIL! Just kidding :lol:

Im making my way up to Canada in about a month, hitting up Laval and Toronto, should be interesting.[/quote]

Let me know if you need any info :cheers:

Neil