hello all "celestial" lovers

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
1975ta22bill

hello all "celestial" lovers

Post by 1975ta22bill »

hi there,and hello to all 1st gen celica fanatics,awesome cars!! i have a 1975 ta22 1600st 2t,i have been in love with these machines,namely the coupes but am warming to the hatcbacks,for a long time now,my cousin first had one in canada he had resprayed metallic green with chrome alloy wheels,it was love at first sight for me.some 30 years later i have finally got one!! hope to do a full restoration,cant wait,i will need help and advice and post some pics asap please watch this space,thanks bill :2thumbs:
neil reid

Re: hello all "celestial" lovers

Post by neil reid »

Welcome aboard Bill, there are a few members here from the UK and Eire. Some ex pats as well (me included).

Lots of info and helpful folk! :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
1975ta22bill

Post by 1975ta22bill »

hi there,Neil thanks for your reply,just afew quick questions.. do you know is a 18r engine bolts straight into my car ta22 75 1600st? will the gearbox mate or do i need the 18r box? cheers bill.
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Can't answer that honestly...start a thread in the "engine and drivetrain" section and you will get your answer(s) :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
patje1100

Post by patje1100 »

Hello Bill
No, it wont. Your oil pan will hit your crossmember and your gearbox wont fit to an 18R(G) either

The most easy way to gain power is to find a 2TG engine. Your gearbox will fit.

If you want to build someting special with enough power go for a beams engine.. They are easy to find in the UK ( Lexus Altezza)
have fun