new member intro

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
redlechwe

new member intro

Post by redlechwe »

New member and 5 time 77 GT LB owner. spent 24 yrs in US Air Force and last 15 yrs working as a contractor over seas.
Do to nurerous base transfers mostly overseas i was unable to kept any of my first four 77 liftbacks. Having now got a permenant address in Grand Prairie TX. picked up my latest 1977 GT LB from Ebay in June 2010 for a sweet $700.00.

I am hopefully on my last contract year, and will semi-retire soon. I have been spending about a month each summer
in TX and recieved delivery of the celica the day before leaving back over seas and only had time to rinse it off and put in the garage. In the summer of 2011 got to work on car for about 10 days and managed to strip out complete interior
and some of the exterior and then up on blocks.

Summer of 2012 about another week of strip down including engine bay. pics for latest work in TX on computer maybe post them after summer 2013,

My plan for 2013 includes finish engine and trans removal and complete removal of all remaining components for a 100%
restore. Thinking hard about converting 5 speed manual for auto trans or maybe even going green as in electric. still trying to get a handle on how this site works, well quite a long post. Hope to get some possitive feedback and while surfing the site noticed alot of interest in a few items on my bucket list (ie)
smiley bumpers, banana taillights and assorted interior items. closing for now.
TA28Dutch

Re: new member intro

Post by TA28Dutch »

Welcome to the site!
Looks like a solid basis for a restore. Start a build thread in the Project Gallery and keep them pics coming :2thumbs:
Lately my mind is bit like my internet browser; too many open tabs, some are frozen,
and I have no idea where the music is coming from..... :roll:
1977 CelicaTA28,
1974 VW Type 2, (T1)
1976 Honda CB750
1992 Honda ST1100 Pan European
toadboy

Post by toadboy »

Love the pics, you got the car for a steal in that condition! Good luck!
exodus

Post by exodus »

WELCOME to the site!!

Looks like a solid car for $700!!

Keep us updated with the build!! :2thumbs:
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Only $700 bucks.. Thats a great find.. 5spd to Auto is ok but electric maybe it will be the first surprised
Banana will cost u $500+ pair Smileys $800+ pair plus shipping from overseas and it all depends on the condition of it. Also for safety reasons buy a new set of jack stand :) Enjoy the site and welcome :2thumbs: Most of the questions about this car is been answer just use the search. If u dont find it people will be glad to help.