New to the forums. 1976 Celica GT Coupe.

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
TJ_saxon

New to the forums. 1976 Celica GT Coupe.

Post by TJ_saxon »

HI ALL!!!

I just acquired a 76 Celica Gt Coupe. It isn't in the best of shape but for 400 bucks you can't really beat it. :2thumbs:
I have wanted one for some time now and looked for about 5 months and had my eye set on this one just for the fact it had very little rust. My plans are xxr 513 lowered fender mirrors and flares and as stock as possible besides that. The interior was surprisingly clean and it is throwing some code things which I will write down and post later. Are there any other 1st gen owners in GA near the Augusta region? Nice to meet everyone!
TJ_saxon

Re: New to the forums. 1976 Celica GT Coupe.

Post by TJ_saxon »

Some light that says electro sensor is on. Also above the brake light thing it says lining wear. The car hasn't been fully start yet so not sure if the electro sensor is just one of the lights that come one when you go to start the car because the car has not been fully started due to no carb or gas tank. As for lining wear I guess this means I need new brakes?
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Welcome. Take the electro sensor light with a grain of salt. It tells you the OK Monitor has a warning (like brake lining wear). Most likely the pads have been replaced and sensor is not connected. Same with battery electrolyte level and some other sensors. Good luck.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
TJ_saxon

Post by TJ_saxon »

Thanks much, once I get the car running I will work out all the little kinks =)