just wanted to say hello!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jeepthing

just wanted to say hello!

Post by jeepthing »

New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I have a car habit that crosses many genres…
I have a 72 olds cutlass, a 67 jeepster, a 56 F-350 4x4, and a 52 nash ambassador.

I also have had a 12 year relationship with a 1972 celica st. It all began in high school. I started dating a very nice girl whose father owned a 72 celica.
As it turns out it was the first car he ever bought new and he just never let it go. It had taught his three kids to drive and had accumulated about 180k miles and one repaint by the time I came around. It had not been doing much for a while when I started coming around. I was driving my oldsmobile at the time and strugled to keep the gas tank full. He was thrilled to let me drive it, so I did. I drove it through high school and college untill a job that required a pick up came along. The celica went back to occasional use until the last few years when my wifes younger sister and her fiancee began to drive it…

About a month ago said fiancee was driving it and ended up somehow in a ditch with a mangled passenger fender, front bumper, valance, turn signal, hood and windshield. I am not impressed to say the least.

The car is currently in the body shop and we are finding it difficult to locate parts. I thought it was time to find some others who are fond of these fine automobiles to see if we can't find a way to get the old girl back to her former glory!

I look forward to learning from you all… thanks in advance!

That's what gets us to know. About a month ago said fiancee
Im jhun_hapi

Re: just wanted to say hello!

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. great story.. we have good members around ur area that maybe can help you out. cuz shipping a hood and a fender sometimes cuz 2x as much as the part it self. Dont trow away any part maybe they can be salvageable especially the front bumper and bracket. Or you can hang the mangle parts on the garage as a reminder of the original parts the car used to have.