Hello from fresno california

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
srcelica73

Hello from fresno california

Post by srcelica73 »

Hello everyone. I have been the proud owner of my ra21 for a good 9 years now. I want to do a motor swap and can't decide what to put in. Well anyways any input will be greatly appriciated.
WIQDTOY

Re: Hello from fresno california

Post by WIQDTOY »

welcome to the site. feel free to search the Forums. you might find some pretty good ideas to steer you in the right direction.
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome... do u have any pics of ur ride??

Rocky
srcelica73

Post by srcelica73 »

I need to go to my mother's house tomorrow anyway to wax my 2003 civic si so I will take some pics of my baby.
bobmilkman

Post by bobmilkman »

Sell the civic and put a fully built 2jz in it :D
77 Liftback - 7M-GTE, etc... slowly coming together | Project Photos
random28

Post by random28 »

no hes a "proud" owner so he should sell te civic and do a full bottom to top resto 8)
id imagine in 10 years there will only be celicas with big 2JZ shaped holes in them, there are alot of other engines out there that "fit" and will give a decent anount of power/tourque and will give a far better front to rear weight ballance. I would use either a 3SGE Beams, 3sgte, 4agze, 4age. im positive all of these engines will fit in the engine bay and with good setup driven properly would rival the almighty 2JZ around a racetrack.
there are alot of non toyota engines also an SR20 will go in easy they are cheap and are easy to get parts for, there are also some of the more out there installs like an F20C, 4G, rotor, ford cosworth? In my opiion there a few more things to consider other than power when chosing an engine, but i could go on forever :roll:
Welcome to the forum hope you find the info you need here, looking forward to some pics, after you wax the celica insted of the civic, the civic is ultimatley less important and all time should be spent of the celica. :lol:
srcelica73

Post by srcelica73 »

Well the civic is my daily driver and the celica needs a better engine. The 18rc even with a 45DCOE side draft weber, msd ignition is no match for that si. I need some serious power but not all the weight.
random28

Post by random28 »

fair enough need something to drive around every day i suppose.
have you considerd an 18RG they arnt a powerhouse by any means but it will move along nicely with some work such as bigger carbs, cams and hi comp pistons.
srcelica73

Post by srcelica73 »

yeah i have thought of that, but over here in fresno they are very very hard to come by, and I really want to make this car move faster than most of the hot heads over here.
srcelica73

Post by srcelica73 »

how in the world to I up load pictures
sirswig

Post by sirswig »

You have to have them hosted at something like Photobucket, Imageshack or some site where they can be linked on our pages. At least I dont think you can just post a pic on the actualy post.
srcelica73

Post by srcelica73 »

Ok so here is my baby of nine years