New Guy from NH, With a Ra24 Ex Rally car!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Greatdivide1

New Guy from NH, With a Ra24 Ex Rally car!

Post by Greatdivide1 »

Hey all soo this is my first Celica. Im a BMW and Rover guy. 8) But this came up for the right price soooo why not!

So about this car it was built in late 70's early 80's. Its a 1976 Ra24 with 18R-G with duel solix carbs ,reground cams, W50 tranny Lsd rear. Race cage,Duel Fuel pumps. Allison electronic ignition....Oh and its a TOTAL BASKET CASE!!!!

Original owner and drive was Aleksandr Kishineski National Pro Rally driver and SCCA member... Till he died (supposedly in a gun fight between him his gf and her lover) where they all died!! Then sat for years and was bought by Robert Elliot Who held the reccord up Mnt Washington in a 2wd Vw Rabbit or golf.

Lol Crazy story! But heres a link to all the pics im taking along the way!! Feel free to to ask any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 89e2d0bb4e
321go

Re: New Guy from NH, With a Ra24 Ex Rally car!

Post by 321go »

Wow what a story. I love rally cars and a certified rally nut my self. Nice car.Good luck with restoration :D
RCurioso88

Post by RCurioso88 »

WOW man, that's a hell of a story for a car. Good luck with the restoration, it's well worth it!
RA24 1977 Toyota Celica GT coupe - Weekend car/Car show queen
FZJ80 1997 Toyota Landcruiser - Go Anywhere/Roadtrip everywhere vehicle
GDA 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX - Daily Driver/Fun car
Greatdivide1

Post by Greatdivide1 »

Thanks gouys! After 10+ years the 18r-g came to life tonite!! :woot: But the clutch master is frozen sooo I canr even play with it yet lol!! :doh:
Greatdivide1

Post by Greatdivide1 »

Thanks gouys! After 10+ years the 18r-g came to life tonite!! :woot: But the clutch master is frozen sooo I canr even play with it yet lol!! :doh:
Greatdivide1

Post by Greatdivide1 »

vervepipes

Post by vervepipes »

The car has some neat history. Are you going to restore it as the rally car or a clean slate?
Image Image
'77 RA29 GT
'11 Grand Caravan
'03 Yamaha Vino