Just got a 77 celica LB but somethings not the same?

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jmfro92

Just got a 77 celica LB but somethings not the same?

Post by jmfro92 »

Hi everyone my name is joe, I just purchased a 77 celica gt LB or at least what I think is a 77 from ebay got it for $800. other than the head lights which is why I am not sure if this is really a 77 celica or a later model.the only real problems I see with it and that I was told was that the engine needs a tune up, it has some rust. the frame is supposedly good, and the tail lights and rear bumper are gone. I am currently away from home and wont be able to start any work on it until I get back in 6 months but the car was a steal at that price. at least I felt it was. what do you guys think?

I am new to restoring cars and want to do this one right. if anyone could help with confirming the model I got that would be awesome and any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

speedfreak426

Re: Just got a 77 celica LB but somethings not the same?

Post by speedfreak426 »

That's definently a 77 GT lb. Someone just swapped the headlights. Just buy some new housings and lights and she'll be looking a ton better!

Good luck!
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
jmfro92

Post by jmfro92 »

how hard are they to find?
vervepipes

Post by vervepipes »

Not very hard, there's always a few people parting out a car on the for sale board here. I wonder where the seats come from as well.
Image Image
'77 RA29 GT
'11 Grand Caravan
'03 Yamaha Vino
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Are those konig rewinds? those headlights conversion are popular in japan. i guess its a good deal for 800. try to contact santos if u need some parts. btw can u pls put ur location in ur a atavar tnks and welcome :2thumbs:

Rocky
jmfro92

Post by jmfro92 »

I am not sure what rims those are but I know that he took them off because I offered only $800 instead of $1500 he wanted. I think I saw someone on here offering amber or yellow hi beams for only $35 wondering if he would be able to make them clear and as day time lights. I also thought of putting the halo lights on it, not sure how good that would look though. either way it will be a long time before its all done
neil reid

Post by neil reid »

jmfro92 wrote:I am not sure what rims those are but I know that he took them off because I offered only $800 instead of $1500 he wanted. I think I saw someone on here offering amber or yellow hi beams for only $35 wondering if he would be able to make them clear and as day time lights. I also thought of putting the halo lights on it, not sure how good that would look though. either way it will be a long time before its all done

You can buy the round clear sealed beams at any at any parts store.

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
rockey_jnr

Post by rockey_jnr »

Halo would be worse than what's on it!! Nice potential there, what are the plans for it?
Toyotero

Post by Toyotero »

Since there might have already have been some metal cutting done to install those lights, you might consider installing something like 1994 BMW 740 headlights.

viewtopic.php?f=16&p=111217

El Toyotero - My Introduction
A 5TEHN Tacoma, a MA67 Supra, a 4Runner, RA29 Celica and a FJ40 LandCruiser
Toydocktr

Post by Toydocktr »

jmfro92 wrote:I am not sure what rims those are but I know that he took them off because I offered only $800 instead of $1500 he wanted. I think I saw someone on here offering amber or yellow hi beams for only $35 wondering if he would be able to make them clear and as day time lights. I also thought of putting the halo lights on it, not sure how hat would lookugh. either way it will be a long time before its all done
I have the amber lights and also if you need the completed sets of buckets and surrounds to make you celica back to factory spec. $50 per side for the complete housing without bulbs. U pay shipping$
ImageImage
jmfro92

Post by jmfro92 »

I got a set of head lights from Santos but thanks for the offer, although I may get the yellow lights sometime down the road I have not decided if I want those or halo rings