New member from WA state

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
golfaholic

New member from WA state

Post by golfaholic »

I'm been on the forum for a little while purchasing parts and using all of the great information available, so I figured I should probably introduce myself.

I'm a Celica owner by marriage. My wife just purchased her first project car this summer and she chose a 1977 Celica liftback (red). She's had a few other generations of Celica's in the past but no 1st gens. Her goal was to find a car to learn to work on and eventually turn into a daily driver. When she saw the first gens she was sold, and I'm happy she did. My car history is routed in muscle cars so all of the Celica stuff is new to me, but I must admit I've enjoyed helping her work on it and I'm a big fan of this car.

Our car still needs a lot of work, but we are getting there and were able to drive it for the first time this last weekend. Unfortunately the new vacuum booster we installed is not working, so we are currently waiting on a new one. So far we have ripped out all of the interior to inspect for rust (done a couple of repairs), patched the battery tray area and fabricated a new bracket, installed new battery and battery cables, replaced the fusible link with a fuse holder, installed a new master cylinder and booster, repaired the door hinges, repaired door latch mechanisms, installed supra p-type wheels and new tires, and removed an aftermarket amp/stereo while mapping out the electrical inside the car (previous owner did some "interesting" wiring). Other than that we still need to do all new seals, new front window, and deal with a couple small areas of rust repairs.

I'll try to post a build thread in the future as time permits. Also, our car came with a couple of rubbermaids of spare parts/fasteners, so once we have scavenged what we need I'll try to post some of those up for sale. No need for us to be hoarders when so many people are working on these cars with such difficult to find parts.
RCurioso88

Re: New member from WA state

Post by RCurioso88 »

Welcome. I'm glad you're wife chose a '77 LB to restore. They're beautiful cars and a joy (most of the time lol) to work on. Post pics when you can and again, welcome to the site.
RA24 1977 Toyota Celica GT coupe - Weekend car/Car show queen
FZJ80 1997 Toyota Landcruiser - Go Anywhere/Roadtrip everywhere vehicle
GDA 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX - Daily Driver/Fun car