Jdexter73

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jdexter73

Jdexter73

Post by jdexter73 »

New here and looking to get a ra29. Right now I have an Eagle Talon widebody w/ Eclipse conversion.
I need to go old school though, so the Talon is going soon. Once I find my Celica, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for the pro's. Thanks in advance.
slowmo

Re: Jdexter73

Post by slowmo »

Welcome aboard!

Nice car. Where do you live? What are your plans for the celica?
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
jdexter73

Post by jdexter73 »

I'm located near U of I in central Illinois. Not too many cars survive the salt used for the roads in winter. Rust is a huge problem with anything older.
What I'm wanting to do is build a retro custom ( think Foose or Coddington ) w/ up dated engine / internals, better suspension and of course the biggest rim / tire package that can fit for that G-machine look.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Sweet!
Another midwest guy. I live in the middle of Missouri, but I am from St. Louis. My wife has relatives in the north central Illinois area (Franklin Grove, Rockford, Dixon, etc.) so we make it that way every so often.

I understand what you mean about survivors. I don't see many celicas in my area (by "not many" I mean "none"). Good luck with your search. If you have any questions or need any help, the guys on this board are really cool. There are a couple guys in the Chicago area on the board too.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
random28

Post by random28 »

Welcome to the forum.
cool looking car, but it looks like a $180,000 vehicle that got blown up in a movie i cant remember the name of :lol2: