1976 Celica GT restoration project

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
michelle5466

1976 Celica GT restoration project

Post by michelle5466 »

Well... where do I start. So... I drive a big F150, and started thinking about getting a second (smaller) car for better gas mileage. I started thinking about the old Corollas and Celicas I drove (and totaled) back in the old days... when I was a teenager, and in my early twenties. I was thinking I wanted something different (what happened? These cars just seem to have vanished overnight???), and these little cars got such great gas mileage (but no one cared back then). So... I get on ebay and start looking... well... there are still a few a these cars left... in California! (BTW, I live in TN)... so, I finally get lucky on Craigslist, and find one right here in Knoxville. You can't imagine how excited I was... well maybe you can, cause you all have the disease too. The guy who owned it is an airplane mechanic, so it runs great.The body has some rust on it, but I found a parts car in Atlanta, with the body work finished (thanks Artie). I am just getting ready to start the cosmetic (extreme makeover) on this car. It has become an obsession, and now my husband and ex husband have the old Celica virus too. Why else are we still getting on ebay and looking every day?
Ryan

Re: 1976 Celica GT restoration project

Post by Ryan »

haha, congrads on the buys! looks like you got the body i almost bought out of ATL...the one in RIverside?

Ryan
Im jhun_hapi

Re: 1976 Celica GT restoration project

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. yes its like a virus.. i have 2 of them one for me and one for my wifey. jst collecting dust :( but im jst collecting parts.. too broke to get it fix. good luck on lookin. BTW can u post some pics? tnks

Rocky