New member from Dublin, Ireland

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
moonshack

New member from Dublin, Ireland

Post by moonshack »

Hello, I'm Ben from Dublin. Bought a 1977 RA28 Lt2000 liftback at auction in June. It's an Australian import car. Its all fairly solid apart from some bodywork issues here and there. I aim to have it ready for next summer. The car runs but has a lot of small issues to sort out, leaking heater core, new alternator, brake master cylinder leaking etc. and a handfull of electrical issues. It's nice to be part of a community, I'm sure I'll find lots of help here for any problems that crop up! I aim to keep this car around forever. It's not going to rust away on my watch anyway!
77 celica Ra28 LT2000 liftback
moonshack

Re: New member from Dublin, Ireland

Post by moonshack »

I'm probably missing something really obvious but how do I post a picture from flickr?
moonshack

Post by moonshack »

Ok figured it out, here's the car in the auction room before I bought it

neil reid

Post by neil reid »

Hello Ben, Welcome aboard! You have some great resources here in Eire in the local members of this forum. Some of the best built cars here are in your country imho.

I'm sure you'll meet the locals soon as they are all very helpful and knowledgeable :cheers:

Neil
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT
rockey_jnr

Post by rockey_jnr »

Well I've heard you have already met and dealt with the best resource on this island!
Gerry has a great range of stuff.
Where in Dublin are you?
Welcome along anyway and don't be scarce with the pictures!
moonshack

Post by moonshack »

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes I met Gerry the other week and bought a spare wheel well off him as mine is badly rusted. Very nice helpeful guy :cheers: I'm in south Dublin city, near terenure. I'll start my own thread in the celica project gallery once I get a chance and put up some pictures to let you know what I'm upto. I wouldn't be in the same league as rockyjnr or Gerry tho, I went through your pictures and am amazed by the attention to detail and quality of your work, it looks great. Well done! :2thumbs: