Stock77's is now mine

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
ReverendDexter

Stock77's is now mine

Post by ReverendDexter »

I just bought Stock77's GT liftback, as seen rescued in this thread here: http://www.1stgencelica.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=1654

I've brought it home, and will start driving it on a semi-daily basis (it will go into the rotation with the Cobra and my bicycle). First things first, gonna get the gunk out of the tank so it stops sucking crap into the fuel inlet and choking, sputtering, and stalling! Then it'll get a new windshield, after that? Probably brakes, as non-vented disks sacre me, lol :)

Here's me driving it away from Stock's house:

I picked up the Supras for cheap with brand new tires on 'em, they're painted white, I may end up polishing 'em sometime in the future, but I'm enjoying the white on white for now.

Plans are more resto than mod, I'll probably end up doing some basic suspension, and if I get crazy and have the funds, I'll build a 20R/22R hybrid.

Anyone make a 4->2->1 header for these things? All I can find is a 4->1 from pacesetter...

Thanks!
slowmo

Re: Stock77's is now mine

Post by slowmo »

Congrats.
That one is waaay cleaner than mine. I like the white rims too. Doug Thorley makes a header that is 4-2-1 that fits our cars.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Blaze86Vic

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Hey! Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home, kick back, put your feet up, and have a beer! :cheers:
75CelicaGT

Post by 75CelicaGT »

Very nice and clean looking. The white rims on white looks good in the pic.

Pete

PS: Good to know the Pacesetter Headers are only 4-1, I didn't know and would have bought one when I had the chance. Doug Thorley 4-2-1, I'll keep that in mind.
ReverendDexter

Post by ReverendDexter »

I just checked Doug Thorley's website, and what I saw was $520+, and made mention of not fitting 5 speed cars with hydraulic clutches??? Can this be correct?
'77 Celica GT Liftback
'98 SVT Mustang Cobra
'96 Bronco XLT
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mu ... x?kc=ffsku

257 w/ free shipping (and if you order today, they have an election day special and you save 25 bucks)

You want the 502Y-s (s means it has smog fittings)

Good luck.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
ReverendDexter

Post by ReverendDexter »

slowmo wrote:http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mu ... x?kc=ffsku

257 w/ free shipping (and if you order today, they have an election day special and you save 25 bucks)

You want the 502Y-s (s means it has smog fittings)

Good luck.
Hate to be a stickler, but that still has this: "Fits Models with a 20R or 22R Engine and equipped with an Oxygen Sensor - Does Not Fit 5 Speed Models with a Hydraulic Clutch" (emphasis mine).

I do appreciate the link, though! If someone can say for certain they've installed this header on a 5-speed GT liftback, I'm all over it.
'77 Celica GT Liftback
'98 SVT Mustang Cobra
'96 Bronco XLT
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Ignore the disclaimer. It does fit our cars. In fact, it is stupid because all celicas that are manual have a hydraulic clutch. If you get the 502y-s it will have smog fittings.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

502y = plain header
502y-s = smog fitting
502y-o = oxygen sensor
Miles.BIDD

Post by Miles.BIDD »

where did you pick up those white supras from?
a cousin of mine was selling his a few months back...
add us on myspace... myspace.com/backindadayz408
Blogspot: Ithinkitsmiles.Blogspot.com
ReverendDexter

Post by ReverendDexter »

Got 'em from one of the FDC drift guys in Sacramento, they were one of his spare sets for his 4A-GZE hachi.
'77 Celica GT Liftback
'98 SVT Mustang Cobra
'96 Bronco XLT
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

very clean and nice...good find
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.