Long time lurker from Malaysia

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
aqil

Long time lurker from Malaysia

Post by aqil »

Hi guys, my name is Aqil and I'm from Malaysia. Was a member on this forum a while back, but was removed as I was inactive. Anywho I'm an owner of a 1977 TA23, the car was passed down to me from my dad, it's been in the family since 1979. It was the car I learned to drive in, so it has a lot of history with me. Car is not in a great Shape currently thanks to an overly optimistic teenager (myself, with great regrets) and various mechanics who had their dirty hands on it throughout the years. Thought I'd put a post up before I got removed from the forum again, hahah. I'll post up some pics of the car once I figure out how to do it, if possible, with my iPad.
rachuck21

Re: Long time lurker from Malaysia

Post by rachuck21 »

Welcome. We'd love to see the car!
Chuck
"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
https://imgur.com/m2giFIx
aqil

Post by aqil »

Thanks Chuck!

Here's a picture of my car from a few months ago, it's now apart and in the middle of an engine transplant

Image[/URL][/img]
Ta22_chi

Post by Ta22_chi »

Nice what engine u planning for it?
aqil

Post by aqil »

thanks! Currently working on shoving in a 1uz + R154. Been real busy with work and haven't had much time for the car. I'll start a thread in the projects section soon and upload some pictures of the current status.

Aqil
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

which state in malaysia neighbour?

welcome by the way :wave:
aqil

Post by aqil »

Hi stingraygt, thanks for the welcome. I live in Negeri Sembilan, but my office is in Selangor. Do a lot of travelling for work, am at the airport right now heading to Brisbane.

Managed to get some work done on the Celica yesterday, working on the engine mounts. Sorry no pictures yet, I'll get some uploaded when I get the chance!

Aqil