Newbie ALLERT

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
RA29Hatchyback

Newbie ALLERT

Post by RA29Hatchyback »

Happy Holidays to all you good people and your families. I just pulled my old Celica ( 1977 RA29 liftback) out of the woods behind my house. It is time to start the project again. This time it is for a greater reason. My 15 year old son has taken a keen liking to old Celicas and he is going to restore it ( with alot of help from dad). We are in the stripdown stage and he is very enthusiastic and putting in many hours. We have a great head start as I have been collecting many parts for many years. This is my third 1977 Celica. I got my first 1 in 1980, second in 1987 and this 1 in 2001. I tried to take some pics to send yall but I found out my camera doesnt work anymore. Maby Santa is listening. Ill get some in soon. I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading your posts and MAN yall have some great looking cars. If anybody needs some parts let me know, I have lots of doubles and parts I wont be using as I am not planning to go back stock. Anyway, Merry Christmas and all that good stuff. D.B. Cooper where are you?
Santos

Re: Newbie ALLERT

Post by Santos »

good luck ,i only wish my father would have done this with me , thats so cool ,thank santos
**********TO CHECK OUT THE SITE OR GET IN PERSONAL CONTACT**********
celica73916@yahoo.com ............... or ................ http://www.santostoyshop.com/
random28

Post by random28 »

welcome to the forum.
We picked up a TA22 for my little brother a few weeks ago, unfortunately he lost intrest after the tear down stage so its sitting and now he starts with the "i dont like sanding" and "its harder than i thaught" so its at a stand still rusting after i cut the rust and knocked half the dents out. :wtf:
Good luck with it anyway, and i hope he has the motivation to see it through.
RA29Hatchyback

Post by RA29Hatchyback »

Thanks for the encouragement. He seems like he will take it all the way. He is spending many hours sandblasting parts and seems to like getting them perfect. We picked up an eastwood powder coating kit and he loves watching the parts transform. I think that is the trick to keeping him motivated, to see some parts finished. It makes it seem like you did something productive. I think he is just like dad (poor kid).
feracing

Post by feracing »

welcome tor the forum allbert,
It puts a smille on my face to here that you will be working side by side
with your son on his project. :2thumbs:

Im aloso in the early stages of my sons 69 corona 2dr project car he is 16years old
and has a passion for old cars , well good luck with this project and please keep us
posted...