Hello from Utah

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
zipppo

Re: Hello from Utah

Post by zipppo »

Bill,

Here is another picture of the car you bought from another person in Utah. This is with my other Celica that is also with another memeber on here. It is still in Ca.

A couple more random shots...
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

celicoup wrote:Hey skeptik, I want to come look at your car. Are you near Layton?

Sure, just give me a call. Did Nate give you my number? If not I'll PM it to you.

I'm in Clearfield pretty much at the edge of Layton, just off Antelope across from the Freeport Center.
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

Zipppo, that silver car is really slick. One thing I love about the red one is the fact that you removed the side marker lights and welded it smooth. I love that look.

skeptic, pm me your number and I'll call you. The liftbacks are really growing on me lately. I'm pretty sure I saw your car cruising down I15 last summer. I was in awe!

Bill~
Subtle but stylish
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

My Celica is my main summer vehicle, so it may have been me.
1977 GT Liftback
3SGTE and stuff
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

Subtle but stylish
tys_vang

Post by tys_vang »

nice ride...you know where i can get a front lip/chin? been looking everywhere for them...
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

What year is it for? Username foxau2 make fiberglass front end parts so you might ask him. Also try toyheadauto.com or toysport.com I have seen them on ebay on occasion too :2thumbs:
Subtle but stylish
Gabe801

Post by Gabe801 »

hey man wats up?!? i live in utah too.. im 16 n i just got my 1st car which is a 76 toyota celica gt! my car has alot of rust on the bottom
(chasis, axles) but the body isnt to bad except for the fenders the left one has rust thats eaten all the way through.. so i was wondering where the best/closest place to get those parts? and also what should i do about all the rust on the bottom of my car? could i just reinforce everything? everyone is telling me to sell it but i love my car n i dont wannaa sell it!! so any help on these things would be great!
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

Welcome to the forum. I have a right hand front fender that I could probably part with after foxau2 (another local) pulls a mold from it. Or you gan get a fiberglass one from him once he starts making them. He is currently making a left hand. Be careful when removing the lower fender bolts because they will break off if they are rusty. Soak them in PB blaster spray for a day or so before removing. If you have a propane (or hotter) torch I would get them red hot before trying to remove them. As far as the rust on the bottom, depends on your budget. The best thing to do is have it completely stripped either by plastic media blasting, chemically stripping or sanding but that requires money and much disassembly. If I were 16 and needing to keep the car on the road I would clean it the best you can with a pressure washer and scrub it as best as you can. Then I would lay a tarp down and put the car on top of it. Apply 2 to 3 coats of POR15 with a brush. It will take a quart or better to do the whole bottom of the car. POR15 can be purchased at an auto body supply store for around 45 dollars. It takes each coat a full day to dry so plan ahead. Keep in mind that POR15 is UV sensitive and will dull if exposed to sunlight so keep the rubber side down. You can also order it from their website...http://www.por15.com/ Best of luck! :2thumbs:

Bill~
Subtle but stylish