1st time Forum Member

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
hootchsensation

1st time Forum Member

Post by hootchsensation »

Hi, I'm excited to finally be on a site for my kind of car. I've signed up a long time ago on a different site but never posted or really read anything because i was too scared to work on my car. Thinking that I would actually make it worse than better. However, now I feel confident in taking on tasks that will help make my car the awesome car it is and should be.

I have a '77 Celica Gt coupe. 20-R engine, just put in a new Weber Conversion Carb which kicks @$$. Added about 30 more HP to my car which was instantly noticeable.

When I first bought this car I didn't really have tools to work on it and I was new to Seattle so I wasn't sure where to even begin on looking for help. So I decided to take apart things with the tools I had and I screwed up a lot of things but I want to eventually restore it so, I thought, "screw it I'm going to replace it later." However, when I look for new parts in Seattle, it's tough even finding my car or similar models at the wrecking yards.

So hopefully, from here I can learn from other people's insight/experience. Looking forward to it.

Sammy
sweet77

Re: 1st time Forum Member

Post by sweet77 »

Sammy,
First- Welcome to the site! I'm in Everett and have a lot of hard to find parts if you need them. I also have a network of friends in the area that are 76 and 77 Celica nuts :screwy: ... I mean enthusiasts. LMK if you need any help or parts and I can probably hook you up with the right person. Check out the different threads in the different sections of this forum because I guarantee someone else has had the same question or issue. This is a great place for information and most of all.. fun!!
Welcome! :cheers:
Marc
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86 ... 010236.jpg
Sometimes I wish my mouth had a backspace button.
Blaze86Vic

Re: 1st time Forum Member

Post by Blaze86Vic »

Welcome to 1st Gen Celica! I'm sure you will find that the people here are friendly, helpful, and supportive. And we are always glad to have another enthusiast aboard!