hey guys new to firstgen but not new to toys

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
22ret_ra21

hey guys new to firstgen but not new to toys

Post by 22ret_ra21 »

:woot: hey guys my name is Brian im new to firstgen but not new to toys. i have a background in fabracation and body. have been building limos since i was 17. have been in to cars my life, tried to get in to american muscle but just always loved old school imports. after my first drive in a 1st gen i knew i had to get one of my own. so i started looking about 6 years ago and bought 2 ra20's out of a field being in the widwest and sitting for 15 years they were pretty rotten. i tried to build one out of two but was more work than was willing to put in. so i give up and letit sit for the last 5 years.so in feb of this year i bought a ra21 in much better shape and have now stared a project thread for updates check it out. do somthing to her or or for the good every day. peace
exodus

Re: hey guys new to firstgen but not new to toys

Post by exodus »

hey what's up man.....
welcome to the board... enjoy the stay....

can't wait to see a build thread on your celica too!!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
22ret_ra21

Post by 22ret_ra21 »

thanks for the wecome cant wait to get it all one color but itshard to wanna do body work after working 10hr days 7 days a week. its easy to spend money but hard to find time to do the work............i hate it when people repaint cars and dont prep properly makes it hard to do it right.......and i hate when they use fiber glass to patch rust holes then mud over them but i guess it has had 35 years of use and abuse.........my goal is to make it to some autocross events b4 the end of the season
exodus

Post by exodus »

22ret_ra21 wrote:thanks for the wecome cant wait to get it all one color but itshard to wanna do body work after working 10hr days 7 days a week. its easy to spend money but hard to find time to do the work............i hate it when people repaint cars and dont prep properly makes it hard to do it right.......and i hate when they use fiber glass to patch rust holes then mud over them but i guess it has had 35 years of use and abuse.........my goal is to make it to some autocross events b4 the end of the season
oh yea... i know how that is... even only after 8 hours of work.... my celica is in pieces right now too... gotta put her back together too.....

good luck.... i hate body work too!!!
Foxy:My 1973 Celica-Powered By ITB'd F20c - SOLD 8/13 :(
BUILD THREAD: http://1stgencelica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1221
Flyby Video's of Foxy: http://youtu.be/VSXNinaak8o
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

Welcome! :cheers:

I used to work on limos too! Well, not building them, just mantainence...
anyways, where abouts are you located?
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
22ret_ra21

Post by 22ret_ra21 »

im in springfield missouri the home of limo mfg. there are 8 coachbuilders in springfield city limits 4 more within 50 miles. i work for john bumgarner one of the first people to do a limousine conversion besides ford in 1976. i come from a long line of coach builders stage and buggie all the way back to the late 1700's...then in the early 1900's started doing duce boddies .....i love my work its a faimly thing fathers fathers fathers father thing....so yeah wanna buy a limo hit me up..... peace
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

do you think u can make a limo out of a celica :D :D :D jst kiddin.. jst save atleast one celica that will be good enough.. pls post a lot of pics..

Rocky
22ret_ra21

Post by 22ret_ra21 »

got a project thread up
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

Welcome to the forum! I have to admit that I have been guilty of the glass patch / mud repair but hey, I'm not a pro autobody guy. I am learning how to braise so I can do metal patches. What are your thoughts on POR-15 products?
Subtle but stylish
22ret_ra21

Post by 22ret_ra21 »

por 15 is the only way to go......no other product on the market today can touch it....im just one to do things the right way and learn as i go along.... the good thing about metal work is if you mess mess it up you and always cut it and start again.....we use por15 as undercoat on the limos and and for the entire inside of the car.....then we use lizzard skin sound deading insulation...thats the only way to fly
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

22ret_ra21 wrote:por 15 is the only way to go......no other product on the market today can touch it....
Did some research on this and found out some interesting information
Go to eastwoodco.com click on the tech library and scroll down to rust prevention and read the two articles on encapsulator vs POR 15, both are good products but one has some advantages over the other. FYI Be safe
Greg
It's a TA27 not a TE27
celicoupe

Post by celicoupe »

Good article. Something to consider for sure.
Subtle but stylish