Hey! (Wichita,KS,USA)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
CinNAMon

Hey! (Wichita,KS,USA)

Post by CinNAMon »

My name's Nam, i'm a sophomore in highschool. I'm familiar with my toyota pickup. It's a 1994 Xtra Cab 22RE automatic Rwd. It does great right now! I came here for my love of 1st gen Celica's. I would love to find more information on these cars and I've been trying my best to find and buy a 1st gen Celica or Datsun Z! I would love any help i can get here. Thanks you guys!
Im jhun_hapi

Re: Hey! (Wichita,KS,USA)

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

welcome.. jst read along the post.. theres alot of info here.. if u cant find it jst ask..
later :2thumbs:
CinNAMon

Post by CinNAMon »

Thanks alot! I've been looking around and these cars are tough to find! I would any 1st gen Celica or Z. I found a 280Z (project... stripped down and primered) for $500, do you think this would be a good buy? I'm not sure if its running or not, but he has everything. about a 3-4 hour drive from Wichita.

The thing about searching for these cars is price and then how relative price is to the condition, then the location. Gawh!

1. Are 1st gen Celica's unibody? IF I remember, they are, right?
2. They don't have IRS do they?
3. Soooooo what if i found a RA21/3 shell.. think i should pull my truck's motor out, put it on the RA2x shell and call it a good day? lol, I would love to place a Lexus v8 in my truck.
speedfreak426

Post by speedfreak426 »

CinNAMon wrote:Thanks alot! I've been looking around and these cars are tough to find! I would any 1st gen Celica or Z. I found a 280Z (project... stripped down and primered) for $500, do you think this would be a good buy? I'm not sure if its running or not, but he has everything. about a 3-4 hour drive from Wichita.

The thing about searching for these cars is price and then how relative price is to the condition, then the location. Gawh!

1. Are 1st gen Celica's unibody? IF I remember, they are, right?
2. They don't have IRS do they?
3. Soooooo what if i found a RA21/3 shell.. think i should pull my truck's motor out, put it on the RA2x shell and call it a good day? lol, I would love to place a Lexus v8 in my truck.

1)Yes
2)NO
2)put a lexus v8 in the RA2X instead :)

Welcome :cheers:
1977 Celica GT LB
-7M-GTE from 1992 Supra
-R154 5 speed
-235-60-15 DR's
-8 3/4" Dodge Dart axle-3.55
11.20 @ 122mph
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

Welcome.
Hope you find one. If you pass any up in the area, let me know. I might be interested in another liftback.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
CinNAMon

Post by CinNAMon »

Lol, 1UZ in a RA2x seems fun too. How about I get two 1UZ's, drop one in the RA, see if i make any mistakes, then drop the 2nd into the RN, and don't make the same mistakes!!

Where in Missouri are you exactly located? North? Occasionally every summer I'll head to Carthage, MO with all the other 193u48197278942867409132749287423 vietnamese people for the Marian Days event.
slowmo

Post by slowmo »

I'm in Jefferson City..as close to the MIDDLE of missouri you can get. For better reference, I am about equal distance between St. Louis and Kansas City, MO. I have friends in KC, that I visit a few times a year. I've only been through Wichita maybe twice.
77 Celica Liftback GT -- 20r engine with weber 38dges, LC Engineering header, electronic ignition retrofit, 14x7 supra wheels.
Tvphotog

Post by Tvphotog »

I am just a couple or so hours south of you in Oklahoma City. Craigslist is a great place to start. Took me 5 years to find a liftback in these parts, now I have three. Unfortunately, two of them are good for parts only. Matter of fact, here is one off of craigslist already, found in the St louis area list.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/1145547595.html

I haven't found any others lately. Just keep looking and eventually, the right one comes along. Remember to make sure that the car has the hard to find stuff. Dashes are going to be toast, but lots of the little interior parts are even harder to find. Heck, I bought my last celica LB just for the interior.