HI FROM SACRAMENTO CA

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
74 18RG

HI FROM SACRAMENTO CA

Post by 74 18RG »

I MISS MY OLD 18RG CELICA

I HAD A :

1971 18RG-U (Tired it had been driven like it was stolen from 2 other young drivers b4 me- sold quickly b4 it blew-up)

1972 18RC / 8RC HYBRID (Tired bottom end + new HI-COMPRESSION 8RC HEAD + big WEBBER CARB = lasted maybe a month.

1974 GT-CLICA :woot: (with a screaming , tire smoking, 18RG that would tach to 8000 RPM's all day long. My 1st eng SWAP) :2thumbs:

HOBBIES: SHOOTING ,PAINTBALLING UP IN THE Mountains , 4X4, ROCK CRAWLING, Presently in College and Have one yr left then im building a old school Celica or maybe a 510

has to be a 4 seater !
I have 2 kids now.

so if they fit in it too
the wifie cant complain

to much!
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
WIQDTOY

Re: HI FROM SACRAMENTO CA

Post by WIQDTOY »

build the Celica!!! :lol:

all joking aside, i like them 510's too!

and welcome to our site. maybe when you get started on your project, make sure you post up on the projects section.
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

OH

I WILL POST 4 SURE.

THESE ARE THE ENGINES IM CONSIDERING:

1. S2000 (they scream and get good to decent mpg,but want to try and stay toy mtr)

2. SR20DET (Good MPG but not a toyota motor, but temting

3. 1UZ prob to big 2 (SC400's are getting cheaper by the day,= need the ecm to work with a 5sp, adapter in oz =big$ probley?

4. 1JZ (TOP 3 Choice heavy but torq too.

5. 2jz (if im broke and just want to finish it = maybe this one

Im excited to learn whats the doable recipes for a dependable 13 second , weekend fun machine :woot:
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

Do you have a name? Where about in Sac? There are a couple of us here in town welcome aboard!
Cary
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

1JZA21 wrote:Do you have a name? Where about in Sac? There are a couple of us here in town welcome aboard!
Cary

:doh: ME = I WAS UP WAYYYYYYYY TO LATE REG FOR THIS AWSOME B.B. CAN SOME ONE WALK ME THRU HOW TO PUTE A NAME AND A PIC

MY NAME WAS JADE UNTILL I WENT BACK TO ARC COLLEGE AND FOUND OUT :eek2: ALOT OF MOM AND DADS NAMED THEIR GIRLS THAT!

SO NOW ITS JAYDEN, :2thumbs: PLEASE RESPECT THE NEW NAME CHANGE, THANKS, AND I AM SO MOTIVATED AND YET HUMBLE TO BE HERE :D

CARY ITS BEEN ALONGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME !

YOU ARE THE MAN THAT PLANTED THAT SEED IN MY MIND WHEN I WAS 16 @ CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL, 6 MO LATER I HAD MY BONE STOCK CHEVY LOVE AND TRADED IT FOR A 1974 GT CELICA,

:2thumbs: 6 MONTHS LATER = IT WAS LOWERED, 18RG'ed , SUNROOFED, AND EATIN IROK'S AT THE BIRDCAGE CRUISE :lol2:

IT WAS A DAWG COMPARED TO MR CARY'S CELICA'S
************** :bawling: BUT AFTER READING LAST NITE ON HERE, HE IS STILL DA-MAN THANKS CARY 4 ALWAYS HELPING ME WHEN I HAD DUMB ?'s
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

Jade..... Really? Had the Runners for a while? Holy crap man long time no hear. I still have the shop in Carmichael stop by I have a Celica for sale as well. And an RG that needs a couple of things but is mostly complete.
Cary

Oh find this and turn it off!!!!! :D

JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

:lol2: lol up above... welcome by the way.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

OOOPS

On the caps,

:doh: Hi to all ,

PS. 1. How man of us are in the sac ca area?

2. How many are in the general Nor Cal area?

Happy to have finally have found this BB. :ohyeah:
Andy_Vang
Site Admin

Post by Andy_Vang »

Welcome!
Andy Vang
1stGenCelica.com
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

:2thumbs: thats 4 people so far in sac ca area,

ANYMORE ?
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

There are maybe 10 in town and 25-30 local to us. In the valley and the bay area.
Cary
74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

WOW,

That many celica's around sac ca area !

Why dont I ever see them out driving them ?

I cant wait to find the time to come over to your shop !

HMMMMM Your probley not their on Sat ?

:?:

I Would have came over today but had a dang dentist appt and had to go by sks ammo too.

:bawling: its like 15.00 for a box of 20 rnds, :huh:

but i found some with stripper clips and it was only 15.00 for 40 rnds :2thumbs:

well i had better get ready for my kids comming home soon, DADS rare friday time almost over.!

. :)
1JZA21 wrote:There are maybe 10 in town and 25-30 local to us. In the valley and the bay area.
Cary
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

I was there tonight actually I will be there tomorrow Saturday.
Cary
WIQDTOY

Post by WIQDTOY »

74 18RG wrote:WOW,

That many celica's around sac ca area !

Why dont I ever see them out driving them ?
1JZA21 wrote:There are maybe 10 in town and 25-30 local to us. In the valley and the bay area.
Cary
there's quite a few of us around... and our numbers seem to be growing as more find others with these cars.

pay close attention when you're out on the roads... you just might find one of us out cruising our Celicas!
Ray
"who wants to own a car you can't drive 12 feet away from a trailer! those cars belong in a museum!" -anonymous
1JZRA21

Post by 1JZRA21 »

Yup mine was out there for a little bit tonight as well. My Buddy Rick took his Daughter out for a ride around the block.
Cary