Damon - Charlotte, NC 73 Celica ST 18RC

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
modernrockbro

Damon - Charlotte, NC 73 Celica ST 18RC

Post by modernrockbro »

Was going to purchase a 76 Celica GT here in Charlotte, NC, but guy beat me to it. So flew up to Massachusetts, and purchased a 73 Celica ST and drove it back 16 hours along Highway 81. Gorgeous trip, but was a bit concerned that the vehicle wouldn't make it. Vehicle uses oil, so oil pressure gauge was up and down, and so was temp. Anyway Highway 81 coming from North to South is absolutely gorgeous. I bought the car from a gentleman named Jose N. and he did a great job on the car. Paid $2500 for the car, and am happy. Still a ways to go, but love the car, and kudos to Jose and the time he spent the last 3 years restoring the car to it's current condition. I'm an IT guy by trade, but currently do Tech Support for Vonage (Internet Phone). I'm 39 and have a beautiful twins (boy and girl) who just had their 13th birthday on Father's Day (I missed :( do to not having a vehicle).

Damon

Anyone know where I can get stock seatbelts? lol

Ok, I'll post some pics. I have to get g/f's camera.

Yeah, I guess our 16 hour trip pales in comparison. A 3 day drive is an odyssey. I'm sure he'll never forget. I won't forget my trip. It's etched in my memory. And thanks for the welcome and compliments.
Last edited by modernrockbro on June 26th, 2009, 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not everyone believes in "community". Some consistently hate & are negative. Some are self-preserving egomaniacs. The elitist clique ignores anyone outside their bubble. Lastly, innocent spectators, & then those who believe in community.
JDM_GUY

Re: Damon - Charlotte, NC 73 Celica ST 18RC

Post by JDM_GUY »

Welcome abord man, post a pic of your car :D . I did the same thing you did, drove a celica for about 16 hours too, didn't know what was gonna happen and that's scary. Glad you made it without problems.
JDM_GUY DRU Building to prove a purpose for those who ridiculed.
toyboyracer
Location: BRISBANE Orstrayla-Where Celicas roam FREE in my back yard!

Post by toyboyracer »

Congrats on buying a 1st gen, apparently you have good taste !

Welcome to the Site and pics please :wave:
Was 18 once - A long time ago... In a '66 Holden far far away...
B.C.S - Brisbane Celica Spares

GORDON @ celica-spares@hotmail.com
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Welcome.. yes post some pics pls. 16 hrs trip wow thats far.. thats a toyota for you..

Rocky
Oldskool

Post by Oldskool »

jhun_hapi wrote:Welcome.. yes post some pics pls. 16 hrs trip wow thats far.. thats a toyota for you..

Rocky
i sold one of my Ae-86 to a guy in michigan, and im from california, he drove that thing all the way back. gota love toyotas.

Btw. welcome to the forums.!!
72 celica ST
08 tundra Limited CM 4x4