73GTV Warner Robins Ga. 31088

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
73GTV

Re: 73GTV Warner Robins Ga. 31088

Post by 73GTV »

An update was hearing a grinding sound when starting and running the original engine so finally got around to pulling this engine out of the car with the assistance of my friend Scott and his daughter. Since they were not around for the final disassembly, I posted these photos for your and their review.

The actual pad on the upper timing chain had worn thru to the metal pad support. This is the most hated repair because of the amount of disassembly to be performed. Totally stripped it down to the last few items. Have to transfer the old oil pan and motor mounts to the next engine so that it fits correctly. For example, the engine that was installed and removed was due to the wider depth of the oil pan that was once installed inside of a Toyota Corona. Pan sat actually on the cross member. Fiddled with it before I remembered the items that required an exchange.
Monday: September 26, 2022. In case no one has seen the Upper Chain tensioner for an 18-RC here you go. NOS out the box.

I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)