Hello 1975 Celica Owner :)

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Tercelica

Hello 1975 Celica Owner :)

Post by Tercelica »

Hey guys, My name is Josh, but my friends and family call me Hoswa, I'm currently stationed in Okinawa Japan, so I dont actually have my 75 celica here with me... I do have a 94 MR2 Turbo :). But really, I miss my celica. I'm originally from Stockton in Northern California. I took my celica to Toyota Fest in 2006(a few pictures below of my celica there). Its been a while since i gone on any of the 1st gen celica boards ie classic celica, and this is my first time on this board. I'll be coming back to the states soon soo VERRRY excited to work on the ol Celica again :). Just wanted to stop by and say hello :D.

Hoswa.

74 18RG

Re: Hello 1975 Celica Owner :)

Post by 74 18RG »

:woot: WELCOME ABOARD. :ohyeah:

Are Parts like :71-77 JDM Toyota-fender mirriors any cheaper over their in okenawa jap ? (spelled wrong)

nice ra22 too.
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

Congratulation on being in Okinawa Japan. Which base are you at, are you up north playing in the woods, or Zukeran or Kadena. Send pictures of the street scene as you stumble across something that catches your eye. Look for the Okinawa classic car shows near Naha. Try to stay off BC street. Affees can locate most of the stock parts; but it better for some special stuff from Toyota to head towards Naha and stop into the Toyota Parts Outlet direct and order your parts directly from the Mainland. Don't forget that most of the smaller parts outlets have older stock rat-holed away so with a few careful question, you can get what you need.

I know that they are cracking down on the old fashion speed shops, but you will find your way. Enjoy your tour.

Kryfoxx
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

I'm stationed in Kadena... and my tour is almost over :). about to come back to the states in about 6 months :D... yeah I know the places around here i take my mr2 around at. I've seen a few sick @$$ TE21's and some old skylines. :D. I've seen a lot of fender mirrors on a bunch of different cars, but i havent asked for any prices. Maybe tomorrow i'll hit up some yards and my friends shop and see what he can hook me up with :D
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

Gate 1 and 4 junkyard where the closest to the base but just remember to squat down when greeted and when offered tea you accept and talk for a while when you talk business so that you will be well received.

The prices are lower if your not asking or conducting business with the salesman with your manhood in his face. American price, Okinawa pricing. Too many years since I was on The Rock; May 3 2009 makes twenty years to the day when we left there. Ten of the Happiest years I ever had playing with fast cars, raising a family, watching the SR71 fly into the night as and Aerospace Ground Equipments Technician. Good luck, be careful be safe. :mrgreen:
I'm an Opinionated Old fart: I insist that you read the Troubleshooting charts first: I'm Just saying...
1973 TA22 GTV (RHD)
1973 RA21 ST (LHD)
1977 TE56 GLS (RHD)
1974 RN22 Hilux (LHD)(Pickup)
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

Yeah, the japanese locals are nice here. I raced a chaser(FAST AS HELL) and he beat me pretty bad... and we both pulled over and started talking. he was like YOUR MR2 IS VERRY FAST... and i'm like... no dude... you just beat me bad... he was like. no no no, your car is very fast... i was like wow... this guy is way too nice hahahaha. I'm actually a F15 Crew Chief for the 67th FS :D... sooo similar fields i guess with the sr71 :D. But I'd say AGE works for us ;).... oooh yes.. hahahahaha. Thanks, i'll try to stay safe for the next 6 more months :D... I might try to come back here later on in the future. we'll see though.
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

better save/colleting some parts for the celica, i'm sure its easy since you're in Japan

welcome by the way
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

THANKS :)... I've been looking around for some little things here and there when ever i get the time :D.
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Y don't u bring a car in the states.. And stuffed t wid parts...
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

is it easy to get parts there for the 1st gen celi ?
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

I only seen a few celicas in a couple junkyards, but as parts availability... havent looked too much into it. But seems it would be hard...

I'm also thinking of getting either an oldschool toyota... or just something that is within the 25 year range so i dont have to drop too much money in brining it back TMO BAYBEEEE... But i'm thinking of asking about either this Hatchi or this 71 skyline... but the skyline is 4 door so i dont realllly know.. But the skyline would be free tho...
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

free skyline?
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

Yeah its free, but.... its got some issues..
cervasa

Post by cervasa »

free 71 skyline sounds like a win to me in every aspect
Tercelica

Post by Tercelica »

yeaaaahh.. i'd have to think about it HAAHAHA... i might look around for a 2 door... but we'll see... i'm no mr money bags.