New from Oregon

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
jango

New from Oregon

Post by jango »

Hi I'm Rey from Tualatin Oregon, I had my 74 Celica GT since 1986. Its my 2nd car in the U.S. I purchase my Celica at the wrecking yard in Hood River for $700 with all the necessary parts to put it all togethere. It has a unique title. Instead of Celica or Salvage on the "Make and Model" the DMV put "ASMBLE" :screwy: I drove it for about 10 yrs and the rod starts knockin so i just park it in the garage for about 13yrs without doing anything to it. Now my 11yr old son showing interest in the celica ask me if he could have the car when he turn 16 so i made him a deal :idea: He started cleaning the car and he helped me pulled the motor out last weakend. Now coming accross this site gave me idea about putting an 18rg motor in it if i could find a reasonable price for one. Looks like this is a great place to start. I showed my son this site and he enjoy browsing it. Here are some of the pictures taken lately.,,,maybe not, :huh: Im trying to click Img but it doesn't do anything. HELP!!! :banghead2:
StingrayGT

Re: New from Oregon

Post by StingrayGT »

welcome abroad :cheers:

you can use photobucket.com for example, need to sign up first, upload it to photobucket and then use the link from the photobucket and post it here

hope to see those pics
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

Yeah the reg is weird :screwy: pictures is a must.. 18rg is a great engine but parts are harder to find :cry: y don't u look at 22r few peeps here goin to that route. Best bet is find a whole car cuz it will be complete.. GL and welcome!!!
jango

Post by jango »

Here's some pictures. Wow that was a task :doh:

74 18RG

Post by 74 18RG »

wow, thats a time machine to 1986

:cheers:

welcome here too..

dig n the rear louvers and the sunshade too, wow .never seen one in hella yrs
1)"GRANDMA "Always said "If you have nothing nice to say, Bite your lip-untill you do" oh and ! Old School RA21:From Stock to 7/8 scale 69 Z-28 Road racer,maybe?..
StingrayGT

Post by StingrayGT »

that sun shade is hot

your son is very lucky to have the car, now post more pictures and some interior shots too
Im jhun_hapi

Post by Im jhun_hapi »

pare nice retro look.. love the 3 piece spoiler..